Mr. Rochester entered, and with him the surgeon he had been to fetch.
羅切斯特先生進來了,同來的還有他去請的外科醫生。
"Now, Carter, be on the alert," he said to this last.
“嗨,卡特,千萬當心,”他對來人說。
I give you but half-an-hour for dressing the wound, fastening the bandages, getting the patient downstairs and all.
我只給你半小時,包扎傷口、捆綁繃帶,把病人送到樓下,全都在內。
But is he fit to move, sir?
可是他能走動嗎,先生?
No doubt of it. It is nothing serious.
毫無疑問。傷勢并不嚴重。

他就是神經緊張,得使他打起精神來。來,動手吧。
Mr. Rochester drew back the thick curtain, drew up the holland blind, let in all the daylight he could.
羅切斯特先生拉開厚厚的窗幅,掀起亞麻布窗簾,盡量讓月光射進屋來。
And I was surprised and cheered to see how far dawn was advanced.
看到黎明即將來臨,我既驚訝又愉快。
What rosy streaks were beginning to brighten the east.
多漂亮的玫瑰色光束正開始照亮東方的天際!
Then he approached Mason, whom the surgeon was already handling.
隨后,羅切斯特先生走近梅森,這時外科醫生已經在給他治療了。
"Now, my good fellow, how are you?" he asked.
“喂,我的好家伙,怎么樣?”他問道。
"She's done for me, I fear," was the faint reply.
“我怕她已送了我的命了,”那是對方微弱的回答。
Not a whit! Courage! This day fortnight you'll hardly be a pin the worse of it.
那里會呢!拿出勇氣來!再過兩周你會什么事兒也沒有。
You've lost a little blood. That 's all. Carter, assure him there's no danger.
只不過出了點血。卡特,讓他放心,不會有危險的。
"I can do that conscientiously," said Carter, who had now undone the bandages.
“我可盡心去做,”卡特說,這會兒他已經打開了繃帶。
Only I wish I could have got here sooner.
要是早點趕到這兒該多好。
He would not have bled so much — but how is this?
他就不會流那么多血了 — 這是怎么回事?