'Room eleven's free, Harry,' said Fudge.
“第十一號房間空著,哈利,”福吉說,
'I think you'll be very comfortable.
“我想你住在那里會是很舒服的。
Just one thing, and I'm sure you'll understand: I don't want you wandering off into Muggle London, all right?
只有一件事,而且我想你會理解的:你不要到麻瓜的倫敦去亂逛,行嗎?
Keep to Diagon Alley.
就待在對角巷不要出去,
And you're to be back here before dark each night.
而且每天天黑以前必須回來。
Sure you'll understand.
你肯定明白這是為什么。
Tom will be keeping an eye on you for me.'
湯姆會替我留神你的。”
'OK,' said Harry slowly, 'but why –?'
“好吧,”哈利慢慢地說,“但是,這為什么呢?”
'Don't want to lose you again, do we?' said Fudge with a hearty laugh.
“不想再失去你,難道我們想嗎?”福吉開懷大笑,
'No, no... best we know where you are... I mean...' Fudge cleared his throat loudly and picked up his pinstriped cloak.
“不,不……我們最好能知道你在哪里……我的意思是……”福吉大聲清了清嗓子,拿起了他那件細條紋長袍。

'Well, I'll be off, plenty to do, you know.'
“好吧,我要走了,忙著呢,你知道的。”
'Have you had any luck with Black yet?' Harry asked.
“你們有小天狼星布萊克的消息嗎?”哈利問道。
Fudge's fingers slipped on the silver fastenings of his cloak.
福吉的手指在長袍的銀扣上面滑了一下。
'What's that? Oh, you've heard — well, no, not yet, but it's only a matter of time.
“什么意思?哦,你聽到了——好吧,沒有,還沒有呢,不過這只是時間問題。
The Azkaban guards have never yet failed... and they are angrier than I've ever seen them.'
阿茲卡班的守衛還從來沒有失敗過……它們這次惱怒得不得了,比我知道的哪次都厲害。”
Fudge shuddered slightly.
福吉有一點兒顫抖。
'So, I'll say goodbye.'
“那我就說再見了。”
He held out his hand and Harry, shaking it, had a sudden idea.
他伸出手來,哈利和他握手,突然有了個主意。
'Er — Minister? Can I ask you something?'
“啊——部長?可以問你幾個問題嗎?”
'Certainly,' smiled Fudge.
“當然可以。”福吉微笑著說。