'Oh, my dear boy, we're not going to punish you for a little thing like that!' cried Fudge, waving his crumpet impatiently.
“哦,親愛的孩子,我們不會為這樣一點小事處分你的!”福吉叫道,不耐煩地揮舞著他的烤面餅。
'It was an accident!
“那是個偶然事件!
We don't send people to Azkaban just for blowing up their aunts!'
我們不會僅僅為了人們吹脹姑媽就把他們送到阿茲卡班去的!”
But this didn't tally at all with Harry's past dealings with the Ministry of Magic.
但這些話和哈利過去與魔法部所打的交道完全合不上拍。
'Last year, I got an official warning just because a house-elf smashed a pudding in my uncle's house!' said Harry, frowning.
“去年,只不過因為我姨父家里的小妖精弄壞了一塊布丁,我就受到了一次正式警告!”哈利皺著眉頭說,
'The Ministry of Magic said I'd be expelled from Hogwarts if there was any more magic there!'
“魔法部說,如果再在那里施展任何魔法,霍格沃茨就要開除我!”
Unless Harry's eyes were deceiving him, Fudge was suddenly looking awkward.
除非哈利的眼睛騙了他,因為福吉突然顯得尷尬起來。
'Circumstances change, Harry... we have to take into account... in the present climate... surely you don't want to be expelled?'
“情況常常變化,哈利……在目前情況下……我們必須要考慮的是……你肯定不想被開除吧?”

'Of course I don't,' said Harry.
“當然不了。”哈利說。
'Well then, what's all the fuss about?' laughed Fudge airily.
“那好,那你還慌張什么?”福吉輕松地大笑起來,
'Now, have a crumpet, Harry, while I go and see if Tom's got a room for you.'
“喏,來一片烤面餅,哈利,讓我去找湯姆給你弄一間房子。”
Fudge strode out of the parlour and Harry stared after him.
福吉走出雅座去了,哈利瞪眼看著他的背影。
There was something extremely odd going on.
肯定正在發生著什么特別不尋常的事情。
Why had Fudge been waiting for him at the Leaky Cauldron, if not to punish him for what he'd done?
如果不是為了他做過的事懲罰他,福吉為什么在破釜酒吧等他呢?
And now Harry came to think of it, surely it wasn't usual for the Minister for Magic himself to get involved in matters of underage magic?
而且現在哈利想到了這一點:魔法部部長本人參與未成年人使用魔法的事情,這肯定是不尋常的。
Fudge came back, accompanied by Tom the innkeeper.
福吉回來了,一起來的還有小酒吧的老板湯姆。