I want to talk about two mechanisms. The first one is very straight forward, relatively simple, it's motivation.
我想談談兩個機制:第一個相對簡單易懂即動力
So, if I believe that I can do well, and think about your own past experiences,
如果我相信我能行,各位可以回憶一下自己的經歷
when you believe that you could do well in something, you are much more likely to be motivated
當你相信你能做好某事時會非常有動力
than if you think that you are hopeless and have no chance, you are much more likely to resign and not do anything.
如果你認為自己希望渺茫,那就很有可能就此放棄,無所作為
You are much more likely to be motivated before the event whatever the event may be, in training, in practice,
你不僅事前會受到激勵,無論是訓練,還是練習
as well as during the event, while it's taking place.
而且正式進行時也會動力十足
Think about what Marva Collins did.
想想瑪瓦·柯林斯的研究
She motivated her students, she made them believe that they
她激勵學生,讓他們相信他們
could achieve, that they could make something out of their lives and that it's their responsibility that it was up to them,
能獲得成功,他們一生中能有所作為,這是他們的責任,
and that made all the difference for them.
這改變了他們的命運

Because they were motivated, they worked hard.
因為他們有了動力,所以非常刻苦
So motivation makes a difference. There is another thing though,
所以動力非常重要
in addition to motivation, and that is the notion of consistency or congruence.
除了動力外,另一樣東西也會影響我們,即一致性或相合性的概念
What dose that mean?
那是什么意思
You see, we all have a mental schema of the world, a mental schema of the way the world should be, or to be or is.
我們每個人對世界都存在心理圖式,世界應該怎么樣,會怎么樣,是怎么樣
For example, I have a mental schema that suggests that things fall when left in middle air.
比如,我的一個心理圖式,表明把東西放在半空會掉下來
So I have a schema that says that if I dropped this, it would actually fall.
所以我認為如果我放開這東西,它就會掉下來