So what about the other reactors? There's a reactor that's coming online now, they're starting to sell it.
換作反應堆呢?現在有一款即將完成的反應堆,它即將開始售賣。
It's a high-temperature gas reactor. It can't melt down.
這是一個高溫氣體反應堆。它不會融化。
But it's really big and bulky, that's part of the safety,
但是為了安全性考慮,它的體積巨大且笨重。
and nobody thinks it's going to ever get cheaper than the reactors that we have.
而且沒有人認為它會變得比其他反應堆更便宜。
The ones that use waste as fuel are really cool ideas, but the truth is, we don't actually know how to do that yet.
那個把廢物當燃料的反應堆是挺炫酷的,但真相是,我們還不確定要怎樣實現。
There's some risk that you'll actually make more waste,
有風險還會產生更多的廢料,
and most people think that if you're including that waste part of the process,
大多數人認為,如果算上反應過程中的廢物的話,
it's just going to make the whole machine a lot more expensive, it's just adding another complicated step.
這臺機器其實相當昂貴,過程反而變得更加復雜。
The truth is, there's real questions about how much of that we're going to do.
事實上,真正的問題是我們應該在核能問題上走多遠。
I mean, we went to India and asked about the nuclear program.
我的意思是,我們去了印度,并問了他們核電項目的相關問題。
The government said before the Paris climate talks that they were going to do something like 30 new nuclear plants.
政府說在巴黎氣候會議之前,他們打算建造30個新的核電站。
But when we got there and interviewed people and even looked at the internal documents, they're now saying they're going to do about five.
但是當我們到印度采訪當地人,甚至查看了內部文件,他們說現在只建造了5個。
And in most of the world, especially the rich world, they're not talking about building new reactors.
而且世界上絕大部分,特別是那些富裕國家,他們沒有建造新核電站的想法,
We're actually talking about taking reactors down before their lifetimes are over.
反而在談論拆毀那些還未達到使用年限的核電站。
Germany's actually pressuring its neighbors to do that.
德國正在給鄰國施壓,讓他們拆毀核電站。
I mentioned the United States -- we could lose half of our reactors over the next 15 years,
當我們談到美國,我們可能在未來15年間失去一半的核反應堆,
which would wipe out 40 percent of the emissions reductions we're supposed to get under the Clean Power Plan.
這可能增加40%的排放量,那些本應由清潔能源計劃承擔的減排量。
Of course, in Japan, they took all their nuclear plants offline, replaced them with coal, natural gas, oil burning,
當然,在日本,它們把所有的核電站都報廢了,并全部由煤炭,天然氣和石油代替,
and they're only expected to bring online about a third to two-thirds.
而且他們只計劃重新使用其中的三分之一到三分之二。