My love is as a fever, longing still
我的愛是熱病,它永遠在渴望
For that which longer nurseth the disease,
能使其熱狀態總呈高潮的藥方,
Feeding on that which doth preserve the ill,
它總在吞吃那增熱延病之物,
The uncertain sickly appetite to please.
使它那翻云覆雨的肉欲如愿以償。
My reason, the physician to my love,
我的理智(根治我熱戀病的醫生)
Angry that his prescriptions are not kept,
勃然大怒,因我將其處方擱置一旁。
Hath left me, and I desperate now approve
理智離開了我,我這才痛苦地明白:

Desire is death, which physic did except.
諱疾忌醫的欲望本身就是死亡。
Past cure I am, now reason is past care,
理智扔下了我,我只能病入膏肓,
And frantic-mad with evermore unrest;
終日里煩躁不安、幾近瘋狂,
My thoughts and my discourse as madmen's are,
言談思緒全與癲子無異,
At random from the truth vainly express'd;
連篇信口雌黃,雜亂無章。
For I have sworn thee fair and thought thee bright,
可憐我曾堅信你美色光彩燦爛,
Who art as black as hell, as dark as night.
到頭來你暗若夜晚、黑如陰間。