Dudley smirked and withdrew his gaze from the television.
達力癡笑起來,把視線從電視上收回了。
Watching Harry being bullied by Uncle Vernon was Dudley's favourite form of entertainment.
達力看著哈利受父親的欺負,因為這是他喜愛的娛樂方式。
'Firstly,' growled Uncle Vernon, 'you'll keep a civil tongue in your head when you're talking to Marge.'
“第一,”弗農姨父吼道,“不準對瑪姬說話無禮。”
'All right,' said Harry bitterly, 'if she does when she's talking to me.'
“好的,”哈利痛苦地說,“只要她對我說話時有禮。”
'Secondly,' said Uncle Vernon, acting as though he had not heard Harry's reply, '
“第二,”弗農姨父說,裝作沒聽見哈利的回答,“瑪姬還不知道你那些不正常的地方,
as Marge doesn't know anything about your abnormality, I don't want any — any funny stuff while she's here.
所以,她在這里的時候,我可不要——不要看見任何古怪的事情。
You behave yourself, got me?'
你要規矩點,聽懂了嗎?”

'I will if she does,' said Harry through gritted teeth.
“只要她守規矩。”哈利咬著牙說。
'And thirdly,' said Uncle Vernon, his mean little eyes now slits in his great purple face,
“還有第三點,”弗農姨父說,現在他那雙卑鄙的小眼睛在他那張紫色的大臉上成了兩條縫,
'we've told Marge you attend St Brutus's Secure Centre for Incurably Criminal Boys.'
“我們已經告訴瑪姬,說你上的是圣布魯斯安全中心少年犯學校。”
'What?' Harry yelled.
“什么?”哈利嚷道。
'And you'll be sticking to that story, boy, or there'll be trouble,' spat Uncle Vernon.
“你必須堅持這樣說,小子,要不然就會有麻煩的。”弗農姨父憤怒地說。
Harry sat there, white-faced and furious, staring at Uncle Vernon, hardly able to believe it.
哈利坐在那里,心中大怒,氣得臉發白,他瞪眼看著弗農姨父,簡直不能相信這種說法。
Aunt Marge coming for a week-long visit,
瑪姬姑媽要來這里住一個星期,
it was the worst birthday present the Dursleys had ever given him, including that pair of Uncle Vernon's old socks.
在德思禮家給他的生日禮物中,這是最壞的,包括弗農姨父的那雙舊襪子在內。