The purpose of this project is, one: I hate not remembering things that I've done in the past.
項目的目的是,第一:我不喜歡忘記自己過去做過的事情。
There's all these things that I've done with my life that I have no recollection of unless someone brings it up,
有很多我之前做過的事情,我都想不起來了,直到有人提起來的時候,
and sometimes I think, "Oh yeah, that's something that I did."
我或許才能想起來,“對哦,我還做過這件事情。”
And something that I realized early on in the project was that if I wasn't doing anything interesting,
在這個項目開始的早期階段,我發現如果今天過的不是很有趣,
I would probably forget to record the video.
我可能會忘記錄制視頻。
So the day -- the first time that I forgot, it really hurt me,
所以有一天,當我第一次忘記錄制視頻的時候,我非常的難過,
because it's something that I really wanted to -- from the moment that I turned 30,
我真的不想漏掉自己的生活記錄。從我三十歲那時起,
I wanted to keep this project going until forever, and having missed that one second, I realized,
我就希望能夠將這個項目延續到我死掉,而漏錄了那天的一秒鐘,我意識到,
it just kind of created this thing in my head where I never forgot ever again.
某種意義上,這讓我的腦子再也不會忘記這件事情了。
So if I live to see 80 years of age, I'm going to have a five-hour video that encapsulates 50 years of my life.
所以如果我能活到80歲,我的視頻能夠達到5個小時長度,濃縮了我50年的生活。
When I turn 40, I'll have a one-hour video that includes just my 30s.
當我到了40歲的時候,是1個小時,從我30歲開始算。
This has really invigorated me day-to-day, when I wake up, to try and do something interesting with my day.
這個項目讓我每天醒來都生龍活虎,想著今天要做哪些有趣的事情才好。
Now, one of the things that I have issues with is that, as the days and weeks and months go by,
現在,我要處理的問題之一就是,隨著時間一天一天、一個月一個月的過去,
time just seems to start blurring and blending into each other and, you know,
日子似乎變得模糊起來,邊界變得不那么明顯,你們知道,
I hated that, and visualization is the way to trigger memory.
我不喜歡這種感覺,而可以看見的影像是激發回憶的方式。