He picked up Ron's letter and unfolded it.
他拿起羅恩的信,打開來看。
Dear Harry, Happy birthday! Look, I'm really sorry about that telephone call.
親愛的哈利:生日快樂!打電話的事我真抱歉。
I hope the Muggles didn't give you a hard time.
我希望麻瓜們沒有讓你日子難過。
I asked Dad, and he reckons I shouldn't have shouted.
我問過我爸,他說我不應該那么瞎嚷嚷。
It's brilliant here in Egypt.
埃及真棒。
Bill's taken us round all the tombs and you wouldn't believe the curses those old Egyptian wizards put on them.
比爾帶我們去了所有的金字塔,你真不知道古埃及的巫師對這些金字塔施過多少咒語。
Mum wouldn't let Ginny come in the last one.
媽媽不讓比爾到最后一座金字塔里去。
There were all these mutant skeletons in there, of Muggles who'd broken in and grown extra heads and stuff.
那里有許多樣子古怪的骨架,是強行進入金字塔的麻瓜們留下的。他們長出了多余的腦袋等等東西來。
I couldn't believe it when Dad won the Daily Prophet Draw. Seven hundred galleons!
我真不能相信我爸竟然得到了《預言家日報》的抽獎!有七百加隆呢!
Most of it's gone on this holiday, but they're going to buy me a new wand for next year.
這筆錢大部分都花在這次旅游上了,不過他們要給我買一根新魔杖,以便明年用。

Harry remembered only too well the occasion when Ron's old wand had snapped.
那次羅恩的舊魔杖突然折斷了,哈利對這件事記得很清楚。
It had happened when the car the two of them had been flying to Hogwarts had crashed into a tree in the school grounds.
那次他們兩人一起乘車到霍格沃茨去,車撞到了學校禁林的一棵樹上,魔杖就此折斷了。
We'll be back about a week before term starts and we'll be going up to London to get my wand and our new books.
我們大約在開學以前一星期回來,我們還要到倫敦去買我的魔杖和我們的新書,
Any chance of meeting you there?
會在倫敦遇到你嗎?
Don't let the Muggles get you down!
別讓麻瓜們掃你的興!
Try and come to London, Ron.
爭取到倫敦來吧。羅恩。
PS: Percy's Head Boy. He got the letter last week.
珀西當上男生學生會主席了。上周他得到通知的。又及。
Harry glanced back at the photograph.
哈利又看那張照片。
Percy, who was in his seventh and final year at Hogwarts, was looking particularly smug.
珀西七年級了,這是他在霍格沃茨的最后一年,他在照片上看起來特別自命不凡。
He had pinned his Head Boy badge to the fez perched jauntily on top of his neat hair, his horn-rimmed glasses flashing in the Egyptian sun.
整齊的頭發上戴著一頂土耳其帽,他已經洋洋得意地把男生領袖的徽章別在這頂帽子上了,角質邊的眼鏡在埃及的陽光下閃閃發光。