It's funny the things you forget.
很多你不記得的東西是很搞笑的。
I went to see my mother the other day, and she told me this story that I'd completely forgotten about how,
前幾天我去看我老媽,她告訴我了這樣一個故事,我已經完全忘了,
when we were driving together, she would pull the car over,
我們曾經一起開車出去,她要停車,當她從車里出來,
and by the time she had gotten out of the car, and gone around the car to let me out of the car,
圍著車繞了一圈,然后準備讓我也下車,
I would have already gotten out of the car and pretended to have died.
我那時已經下了車,并且假裝已經死了。
Because that's how you die.
因為在那時你差不多就是這么“死”的。
And I remember, that was a game I used to play with myself to entertain myself whenever I was bored or frustrated.
我記得,我以前常常和自己玩裝死,只要我無聊或者感到沮喪我就玩裝死 來自娛自樂。
Settle down. People say we live in an age of information overload. Right?
好讓自己冷靜點。人們常說我們生活在信息膨脹的時代,對吧?
I don't know about that, but I just know that I get too many marketing emails.
我也不清楚,但是我知道我常收到很多營銷郵件。
I got a marketing email from a supermarket firm, which will remain nameless for predominantly legal reasons,
我收到過來自一個超市集團的營銷郵件,匿名的郵件,因為一些法律原因,
but which I'm going to call "SafeMart."
但是我準備叫它“安全超市”。
I got an email from them, and it went like this, it said:
我收到一封他們發的郵件,上面寫著:
"Just three weeks until SafeMart at King's Cross opens!!!"
“還有三周,安全超市就要在 國王十字路口開張啦!!!”
And I resented this, because not only do I not remember signing up to that,
我討厭這種郵件,因為不僅我記不得訂閱過這樣的消息,
but I resent the fact that they appear to think that I should be excited about a shop opening.
而且我對于他們理所應當地認為,我應該對于新店開張感到無比興奮這種事兒非常厭惡。