Sin of self-love possesseth all mine eye
我的眼、靈魂和全身每一部分,
And all my soul and all my every part;
全都充斥著自戀的罪行,
And for this sin there is no remedy,
沒有藥物能治愈這種邪惡,
It is so grounded inward in my heart.
因為它的病根深扎在我心的底層。
Methinks no face so gracious is as mine,
我自忖自己的魅力或不可限量,
No shape so true, no truth of such account;
論體態、論赤誠我都蓋世無雙。
And for myself mine own worth do define,
如果需要對自己的長處做一個估計,

As I all other in all worths surmount.
我自負方方面面都會技壓群芳。
But when my glass shows me myself indeed,
然而攬鏡自照方見出自己的真顏,
Beated and chopp'd with tann'd antiquity,
只可憐衰鬢橫紋、滿面色蒼蒼。
Mine own self-love quite contrary I read;
而今我終于看透自家自戀病,
Self so self-loving were iniquity.
自我溺愛無異是罪惡纏身。
Tis thee, myself, that for myself I praise,
為你也為我自己我把你稱贊,
Painting my age with beauty of thy days.
好用你的青春美點綴我的衰年。