Being your slave, what should I do but tend
既是你的奴仆,我只能聊盡愚忠,
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
滿足你的欲望,一刻也不放松。
I have no precious time at all to spend,
我雖無寶貴的時間供自己驅遣,
Nor services to do, till you require.
卻可聽命于你帳下,垂首鞠躬。
Nor dare I chide the world-without-end hour
我不敢抱怨大千世界綿邈無窮,
Whilst I, my sovereign, watch the clock for you,
我只為你,我的君王,看守時鐘。
Nor think the bitterness of absence sour
你吩咐我這個仆從悄然退下,

When you have bid your servant once adieu;
我不敢多想,離思別緒愁更濃。
Nor dare I question with my jealous thought
我不敢心懷嫉爐,暗自猜疑,
Where you may be, or your affairs suppose,
你干什么勾當,何處留下行蹤。
But, like a sad slave, stay and think of nought
我只如一個憂戚的奴仆,頭腦空空,
Save, where you are how happy you make those.
只玄想你身形到處多少人為你怦然心動。
So true a fool is love that in your will,
唉,我這植入你欲田的愛其是蠢豬,
Though you do any thing, he thinks no ill.
眼見你為所欲為,卻淡然視若無睹。