All right, this could also take a while.
可能需要一會
But most people from what I see, put it on their chin.
我看到的多數同學都放在了下巴上
Now I said it very clearly, "cheek".
我很清楚地說是"面頰"
But you see, here is the thing: People mostly do what you do, rather than what you say.
問題就在這里多數人都是照你做的做而不是照你說的做
So remember that, because I don't think there is anyone in this room who would tell me now,
請記住這一點我不認為課堂上有任何人會告訴我
"my goal in life, my objective is to make people miserable.
"我的人生目標是讓別人不幸
I really want to do that.
我真得想那么做
You know I want everyone to be miserable in the world."
我想要世上所有人都不幸"
There is not one person here who would actually say that, I hope.
這里不會有人真得說出那種話,希望如此
So most of us here, whatever we do in our lives, now and in the future, are idealists.
我們在座的多數人,不論做什么從現在到未來,都是理想主義者
We want to do good in the world; we want to spread happiness.
我們想為世人造福,想傳播快樂
But remember, people do what you do, not what you say.
但記住,人們照你做的做不是照你說得做
So you may want to spread happiness, through your word.
你也許想傳播快樂,通過你的言話
But ultimately, the best way, the optimal way spreading happiness is to work on your own happiness, because then you are leading by example.
但最好的方法傳播快樂的最佳方法是努力爭取自己的快樂因為那時你就成為榜樣
That applies to leadership.
這也適用于領導
The most important thing about leadership is not what you say; it's what you do.
領導最重要的不是說的話而是如何以身作則
The most important thing about parenting it's not how much you tell your child "honesty is important" but rather how honest you are.
為人父母最重要的不是告訴子女"誠實很重要"而是你自身有多誠實
If you want to spread happiness, "Be the change you want to see in the world." By example.
如果你想傳播快樂"成為你想在世上見到的改變" 以身作則