My son eats way too much sugar.
我兒子吃太多糖
And I'd like you to tell him to stop it.
希望你能告訴他別吃太多糖
Because it's hurting his health, his teeth.
因為糖損害他的健康,牙齒
And he will listen to you. He admires you.
他會聽你的,他很崇拜你"
" Gandhi looked at her and said, "Madam, can you please come back in a month?"
甘地看著她說"夫人,你能一個月后再來嗎?"
She didn't know why but she listened to him after all he was Gandhi.
她不明白為什么但還是聽了他的話因為他是甘地
She left, went far away, came all the way back a month later, and once again, got an audience with Gandhi.
她離開,長途返回一個月后又回來再次與甘地見面
She said in front of him, She said "I was here a month ago."
她在他面前說她說"一個月前我來過"
And he said, "Yes. I remember."
他說"是的,我記得"
And she said, "Could you please tell my son to stop eating so much sugar?"
她說"你能告訴我兒子不要吃太多糖嗎?"
So Gandhi looks at the child intensely and says, "Son, stop eating too much sugar." And that's it.
于是甘地注視著那個孩子說"孩子,不要再吃太多糖"就是這樣
The woman is obviously perplexed and musters up her courage, and says, "Mahatma, thank you very much.
那個女人很困惑,她鼓起勇氣說"圣雄,非常感謝
I'm sure he will stop eating too much sugar, but why couldn't you tell him this a month ago, when I came all the way here?"
我肯定他不會再吃太多糖但為什么不在一個月前告訴他在我長途趕來的時候?"
And he said, "Well, madam, because a month ago, I was eating too much sugar."
他說"夫人,因為一個月前我也吃太多糖"