And what it does is it changes the way you sort of build software.
這樣對他們做好軟件的影響很大
Jared Spool has another way of talking about how we build products.
Jared Spool還提到了另外一種提升產品的方法
Right? Let's imagine that this represents all the knowledge needed to sort of use your app on a spectrum.
我們假設,這段表示使用你的軟件所需要掌握的知識的情況
Right? This is like no knowledge.
最左邊代表啥都不知道
Right? And this is all the knowledge needed. Right?
最右邊表示,啥都知道
And these two lines are pretty much your interactions with users what you're trying to get them to.
中間這兩條線表示你和客戶之間的交互
This is currently where their knowledge point is and this is the target knowledge point
左邊這條線表示用戶實際的了解程度右邊這條線表示
that you're trying to get them to, to understand that to use your app.
你期望用戶對軟件的了解程度
The gap between those is called the knowledge gap, Jared Spool called it, Spool calls.
中間這一段,Jared Spool稱之為"知識代溝"
And what's interesting about this is there's only two ways, right, to sort of fix this.
有趣的是,只有兩種方法能夠消除"知識代溝"
That gap represents how intuitive your app is, right?
這段代溝也表明了你的軟件有多直觀
You either get the user to increase their knowledge or you decrease the amount of knowledge that's needed to use your application.
一種方法是,提高用戶對軟件的了解程度另外一種方法是降低軟件使用的難度
And oftentimes, as engineers and people who build and work on products, we think let's add new features.
通常軟件的開發者會想給軟件添加一些新功能
And new features only means let's increase the knowledge gap.
添加新功能就意味著,"知識代溝"又變寬了
So for us we actually focused a lot on the other sort of direction.
而Wufoo卻把注意力放在另外一種方法上
And so what that meant we spent a lot of time, 30% of our engineering time was spent on internal tools to help with our customer support stuff.
我們花費了大量的時間工程師30%的時間用來研發網絡工具幫助用戶使用我們的產品
But oftentimes it was spent helping people help themselves.
通常,把時間花在讓用戶自助解決問題上
Things like frequently asked questions, tool tips.
比如說,我們建立了"常見問題" "小提示"
Things like, if you just click the help link, right, instead of taking you to the generic help sort of documentation page,
點一下"幫助"可以自行解決問題而不是跳到傳統的那種全文字的"幫助"界面
you go to the specific page where you're looking at is going to be most, sort of, appropriate for what you're working on.
在尋求幫助的地方點開"幫助"就能找到相應的說明,是極好的