We have to stop.
我們必須停止。
And when I was putting this together, people said to me,
當我這么說的時候,一些人回復我說:
"Well, that's never going to happen." And I said, "Oh really?"
“好吧,但那絕不可能發生。”然后我說:“是嗎?”
Because just this year, Target announced that they were going to stop gendering their toy aisles.
因為就在今年,塔吉特宣布他們將要取消玩具的性別通道。
They were going to mix it up.
他們要把玩具混在一起。
Now, before we break our shoulders patting Target on the back,
不過,在我們準備支持塔吉特的時候,
just this week they released a shirt in which one of the most iconic scenes in "Star Wars: A New Hope"
他們在這周又發行了一款T恤,在上面印著“星球大戰:曙光乍現”中最具標志性的一幕:
where Princess Leia stands up to the Dark Lord of the Sith,
萊婭公主直面西斯黑暗尊主。
was released on a t-shirt in which she's mysteriously replaced by Luke.
但T恤上的畫面,萊婭卻神秘的被盧克取代了。
So let's don't pat ourselves on the back too much.
所以我們也不能高興得太早。
Just this week also, Disney announced it was no longer going to gender its Halloween costumes,
同樣是這周,迪斯尼宣布他們不會再把萬圣節服飾性別化了。
which I say, "Thank you, Disney, except the only costumes you make are of male superheroes,
我要說:“謝謝你,迪斯尼,你們的服飾本來就只印男性超級英雄,
so does it matter who you have wearing them?"
所以誰穿也沒什么區別吧?”
Just this week, Mattel, who makes Barbie, announced they're going to release a line of DC superhero girls.
就在這周,生產了芭比娃娃的美泰公司,宣布他們將會發布超能英雄少女組合。
And the funny thing is, they met with girls and asked them what they wanted to see in dolls,
有趣的是,當他們和女孩兒們交流、詢問她們想要怎樣的娃娃時,
and you can see, they have calves and elbows that bend so they can do superhero stuff.
你會發現,她們想要那種手臂和腿部可以彎曲的,那樣就可以作一些超人動作。