I'm proud to be English, my family have served and we've defended this country
我很自豪自己是一個英國人,我的家庭是軍旅出身
and we've been to war for this country
我們一直保衛這個國家,并為這個國家而戰斗
I'm really patriotic about Bangladesh
我非常熱愛孟加拉國
I am 100% Icelandic, yeah, definitely
我100%是冰島人,是的,絕對的
This is a Kurdish wedding with my mum in the traditional Kurdish garb.
這是一個庫爾德式婚禮,我的媽媽穿著傳統的庫爾德服飾
We're just proud blacks, so that's it
我們就是驕傲的黑人,就是這樣
Yeah, I think we are probably the best country in the world, if I'm honest
恩,我覺得我們可能是世界上最好的國家,實話實說
Think about other countries and other nationalities in the world
想想世界上其他的國家和民族
are there any that you don't feel you get on with well, or you won't like, particularly?
有沒有哪個你覺得無法相處,或者你特別不喜歡?
Germany, yeah, I'm not a fan of the Germans
德國,對,我不大喜歡德國人
You might think they're a little bit…
你會覺得他們有點……
Particularly India and Pakistan probably because of the whole, you know, the conflict
尤其是印度和巴基斯坦,也許因為,你知道,那些沖突
Cause I have this side of me that's like that hates Turkish people– not people! But the government!
因為我有一面是……討厭土耳其人-不是人!而是政府!
But French? Nah
但是法國人?沒有
We're just the best, you know, it's just fact
我們就是最好的,你懂的,這就是事實
I'm more important than you
我比你更重要
I don't know you, but in my opinion I am strong, and I am more important than a lot of people
我不認識你,但在我看來我很強壯,我比很多人都更重要
How would you feel about taking a journey based on your DNA?
你覺得根據自己的DNA來次尋根之旅怎么樣?
Yeah, I'd feel very intrigued
好啊,我非常好奇
What could you possibly tell me that I don't know?
什么是你能告訴我而我不知道的呢?
So do you know how DNA works? So you get half from mum, and half from dad
所以你知道DNA的機制嗎?你有一半來自母親,一半來自父親
so 50% from each of them, and they get 50% from their parents and back, and back and back
所以來自父母各50%,然后他們從他們的父母各得到50%,以此類推
And all those little bits of your ancestor, they filter down to make you, you
最后所有這些來自你的祖先的小小成分,經過層層過濾,使你成為了你
I need you to spit in this tube for me. Just spit up to the little black line
我需要你把口水吐在這個管子里。吐到黑線即可
That's a lot of spit
這需要好多口水
The story of you, is in that tube. What's it going to tell me?
好的,你的故事就在這個管子中。它將會告訴我什么呢?
It's going to be, 'oh yeah, you're French', and,'wait, your grandparents are French', and, 'wait…'
像這樣,“噢耶,你是法國人”,然后,“等等,你的祖父母是法國人”,然后,“等等,……”
100% Bengali. Solid Iraqi. I'm Cuban!
100%孟加拉人。純正的伊拉克人。我是古巴人!
It's going to tell me that I'm English, like I've told you
它會告訴我我是英國人,就像我告訴你的那樣
Jay? Can you come down and join us?
Jay?你可以到這里來嗎?
I'm a little bit nervous, I have to say
不得不說,我有點緊張
So are you ready to find out your results? Will you read it out to us, please?
那么你準備好知道自己的結果了嗎?請你向我們念出來好嗎?
Wow, look at me! Oh my God. Oh… wow. I didn't expect that
哇,看看我!我的天。喔...哇...我真沒料到
All of them. Whoa… No… No…
所有這些。哇塞。不……不……
Caucasus? Which was… Turkish? Yeah.
高加索?哪個是……土耳其?是的
Eastern Europe, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece
東歐,西班牙,葡萄牙,意大利,希臘
I'm 32% British? What?! Great Britain, 30%… 5%… German
我有32%英國血統?什么?!大不列顛,30%……5%……德國
I'm Irish? Yeah!
我是愛爾蘭人?沒錯!
So I'm a Muslim Jew. Great Britain, 11%. Are you sure these results are mine?
所以我是一個穆斯林猶太人。大不列顛,11%--你確定這個結果是我的嗎?
Eastern Europe? Seriously?
東歐?真的么?
Iceland has definitely moved closer to Europe now
冰島現在肯定離歐洲越來越近了
I'm going to go a bit far right now, but this should be compulsory
我可能想得有點遠了,但我覺得每個人都應該做一下這個測試
There would be no such thing as, like, extremism in the world, if people knew their heritage like that
如果人們知道他們繼承的血統是這個樣子,世界上就不會有像極端主義這樣的事情
Like, who would be stupid enough to think of such a thing as, like, a pure race?
就好像,誰還會愚昧到想出像純凈種族這樣的東西?
In a way, we're all kind of cousins, in a broad sense
這樣看來,從廣義上說,我們都是兄弟姐妹
In a much more direct sense. You have a cousin, in this room
更直接點,你有一個表親,就在這個房間里
Uh uh… Turn around, and guess who it is. Waj? Yeah, what's that?
呃呃……轉過頭,猜猜會是誰。Waj?恩,怎么了?
Why don't you come down here and meet your cousin? Oh my God…
何不下來見見你的表親?我的天……
Did you know that? I didn't, I had no idea… this is like…
你已經知道了?不,我毫不知情……那個……
My heart's pounding right now, I swear to God
我的心臟在砰砰跳,我對天發誓
I'm Jay from everywhere by the reads of this
根據上面所寫,我是來自世界各地的Jay
I'm a real man of the world. That's beautiful, thank you
我是真正的世界之子。真美,謝謝你們
So would you like to travel to all of these places?
那么你想要去所有這些地方旅行嗎?
Yeah! Hell yeah! Oh yeah
是的!當然是!必須的!