OK. It's such a privilege to be a part of MAPP because what you have there in a year is all the top people from the field.
好的成為賓州應用心理學碩士班的一員是種特權因為在那里共度一年的是來自各個領域的杰出人物
So many of the people we'll talk about,
我們將會談到的很多人
whether it's Bob Fredrickson who we'll talk about in a few minutes,
比如Bob Fredrickson ,過一會我們會談到他
whether it's David Cooper we'll talk about,
或者以后會談到的David Cooper
whether it's Martin Seligman of course, will come there and present to you
當然還有Martin Seligman都會去那里給大家講座
and you'll be spending quality time in small groups with them. Real privilege.
你將和他們親密相處,真是一種特權
So what I want to do today is finish up on the basic premises, on the final premise.
今天我想結束有關基礎前提的討論討論最后一個前提
Now we are going to watch it again. No?
還要再看這個嗎,不
Or that? Here we go.
這個也不用看了?可以了
The final and the fifth premise is an important one; is a philosophical one
最后也是第五個前提很重要是一個哲學前提
but one I want to introduce at the beginning of the course
但我想在課程開始時介紹
so that you understand where I am coming from,
你們好理解我講課的起源
where this course is coming from because many people say,
這門課程的來源因為很多人說
"Ok, so happiness is important.
好的,快樂是重要的
We seek it; we have declarations national declarations, individual declarations of how important it is for us.
我們尋找它,我們有宣言國家宣言關于快樂對我們多么重要的個人宣言
But that doesn't mean that it is important or the "is", the fact that it is important doesn't mean we ought to do it.
但那不代表它是重要的,問題在于這個"是"它是重要的但不代表我們應該去做
My argument here is that not only is it important, it also ought to be important.
我認為它不僅重要而且也應該是重要