1、get back
恢復(原來的狀態)
Then life started to get back to normal.
隨后生活又恢復了正常。
I couldn't get back to sleep.
我再也睡不著了。
對…進行報復
The divorce process should not be used as a means to get back at your former partner.
不應該在辦理離婚手續上報復以前的伴侶。
I'm going to get you back so badly you'll never to be able to show your face again.
我要狠狠地還以顏色,讓你從此無臉見人。
回到,重提(原來的話題)
It wasn't until we had sat down to eat that we got back to the subject of Tom Halliday.
我們直到坐下來吃飯時才又提起湯姆·哈利迪這個話題。
2、make out
(勉強地)辨認出,看出,聽出
I could just make out a tall, pale, shadowy figure tramping through the undergrowth.
我只依稀看見一個高個的模糊身影穿過了矮樹叢。
She thought she heard a name. She couldn't make it out, though.
她覺著聽到了一個名字,卻又沒聽清。
把…弄清楚;理解;明白
I couldn't make it out at all.
我一頭霧水。
It is hard to make out what criteria are used.
很難弄清楚使用的是什么樣的標準。
力圖說成;努力證明
They were trying to make out that I'd actually done it.
他們正在努力證明我真的干過這件事。
I don't think it was as glorious as everybody made it out to be.
我覺得這件事并非像大家說的那么了不起。