Track One
Flew from Beijing to Seattle
從北京飛往西雅圖
We drove down all the way from Seattle on the 101
從西雅圖出發,沿著101國道向南而行。
All the way to San Francisco and then we went in all the way to Arizona and Utah
去往舊金山,然后一路開往亞利桑那州和猶他州。
To the National Parks
去往美國國家公園
When you were in Seattle did you go up the Space Needle—yes we did.
你們在西雅圖的時候,去看太空針塔頂觀光了么?——是的,我們去了
Seattle—did you 'bump into' anyone like Bill Gates—or anyone like that?
在西雅圖的時候,有沒有偶遇像比爾蓋茨這樣的名人呢?
No. Seattle of course is the home town for Microsoft—my friends actually work for Microsoft
并沒有。西雅圖是微軟的故鄉,我的一些朋友也在微軟工作。
Boeing—a lot of plane are made there
波音——那里生產制造了很多飛機。
I think Starbucks if I remember right
星巴克,如果我沒記錯的話
It used to be Seattle Coffee Company or something like that
它的前身應該是西雅圖咖啡公司,或者是其他的名字。
I think first Starbucks is somewhere close to Pipe Market
我想第一家星巴克就是在離Pipe Market很近的地方。
Seattle—it is quite different to other US cities
西雅圖與美國的其他城市有很大不同。
Very academic but laid back—lovely area and great air
很有學術氣息卻又祥和寧靜,人杰地靈,空氣清新
We were really lucky because they say in Seattle it always rains
我們此行很幸運,聽說西雅圖這城市總下雨。
But the day we arrived it was actually really hot and sunny
但我們到達西雅圖的時候,天氣晴朗,陽光燦爛,還挺熱。
It is really true that people in Seattle really like a lot of outdoors
住在西雅圖的人們非常喜歡戶外運動,這倒是真的。
Hiking, biking, really active community in Seattle
愛好徒步旅行,騎行的人群在西雅圖相當活躍
You drove down the Coast Highway?
你們是沿著海濱高速南下的嗎?
The 101—it was really beautiful, really good—not a lot of cars on the road
是的,101國道,真的是太美了!景色很壯觀,路上的車也并不多
We took it really easy—took 12 days
我們比較輕松地完成了這次旅行,用了12天
Through the Cascades, the Coastal Mountain ranges of NW United States
經過了克斯科特山脈,美國西北部的沿海群山
We went from Seattle to Portland.
我們從西雅圖出發,駛向波特蘭
Then through the Redwood Forests
穿越了紅杉林區
Giant sequoia trees—you can actually drive a car through a tree
見到了許多巨大的紅杉樹——你真的可以開車從一棵樹中穿過
In Sequoia Park there are amazing, huge trees
在國家紅杉公園中有很多美得令人驚嘆的巨樹
There is one you can actually drive through with your car
有一棵你真的可以開車穿過
Then San Francisco—an amazing place also.
接下來到達舊金山,也同樣是一個有趣的地方
Track Two
San Francisco is really amazing—it is really hilly though!
舊金山真的很神奇,是個有些崎嶇的城市
With your Chinese background, did you go to Chinatown?
你也有中國的背景,去過唐人街么
Yes, of course—one of the biggest in America
當然去過——美國最大的唐人街之一
It was nice to walk through—a bit like home, but not home
去那里逛逛,走完一條街還挺舒服的,有點像是在家,卻又不在家
What about the Chinese food in San Francisco
舊金山的中餐如何
The first Chinese food exported to the West is all Cantonese food
所有出口海外的中餐中,第一款就是廣東菜
So a lot of those Chinese restaurants—all Cantonese influence
好多中國餐廳,幾乎都受到粵菜的影響
Did you go out Pier 39?
你去漁人碼頭39號了么
Of course—you can't miss that—something you have to visit when you are in San Francisco
當然,那是不能不去的——有些地方去舊金山是一定要去的
Memories! My last meal in San Francisco was at the Mandarin Chinese restaurant out on Pier 39
滿滿的回憶呀,我在舊金山的最后一頓飯就是在漁人碼頭39號的一個中餐館
Watching the sun setting behind the Golden Gate Bridge
在金門大橋愜意欣賞落日
That sounds really, really nice
聽起來真的很美妙
My meal actually was fish and chips at Pier 39
我在漁人碼頭39號卻吃的魚和薯條(有些搞笑)
Cable Cars, the tram cars go up over the hills
有軌電車,都在山上穿行著
Very steep—some of these drives for the cable cars are very, very steep
很陡峭,有一些電車經過的地方特別陡峭
We actually did a lot of walking.
我們確實走了很多路
In distance it does not look that far, but you have forgotten the hills in between.
雖然距離看著沒有那么遠,那是因為你忘記了中間還翻越了一些小山坡
So at the end of the day, sore legs
所以,到了晚上,腿都是酸疼的
Your destination was inland, into the desert
你的目的地是從內陸,進入沙漠
US has lot of national parks—those we went to were really amazing, in their own way
美國有很多國家公園——那些我們去過的,真的美得令人驚訝,每一個都有自己獨特的美
Las Vegas—not my city—you have to be there once in your life
拉斯維加斯——并不太合我胃口的城市,但這座城一生中一定要去一次
We came in the afternoon stayed evening and drove away in the morning.
我們下午到達,待了一晚,第二天清早就開車離開了