Track One
This is my first time (in Beijing)—my first time in China.
這是我第一次(來北京),第一次來中國。
You had the experience of being on China's new railroad system.
你感受到了中國的新鐵路運輸系統。
It's absolutely amazing—I spent a lot of time in France as a Music Director and so I got to know the TGV—which the French are very proud of
太了不起了。我在法國當了很長一段時間的音樂總監,了解到了法國人引以為傲的法國高速列車。
It seems rather a slow boat by comparison to this train
跟現在(中國)這些列車相比,那就像是一艘慢悠悠的船。
It is just so pleasant to go into these stations
光是進入這些車站就很開心。
All of a sudden the train pulls up—you have a nice conversation and you are in a completely different place hundreds of kilometres away
忽然列車進站了(停下了)。(或者)當你完成了一段愉快的交談后,就已置身幾百公里的之外了。
Are you familiar with music such as 'Meet me in St Louis'?
你對“在圣路易斯遇見我”這樣的樂曲熟悉嗎?
I am indeed and sometimes have to correct things—When they have (singing) it is 'meet me in St Louis Louis'
我有時確實必須得糾正錯誤。(他唱到)應該是“在圣路易斯路易斯遇見我”。
It is just that they change the rhythm sometimes
是因為他們有時會改變節奏。
I've actually been in the railroad station at St Louis and actually saw the train 'Meet me in St Louis'
我在圣路易斯火車站的時候真的看到了“在圣路易斯見到我”這列火車。
It reminded me of another place in America—Chattanooga—Glen Miller The Chattanooga Choo Choo
這讓我想起了美國的另一個地方:查特怒加市-格倫·米勒的那首The Chattanooga Choo Choo
The Chattanooga Choo Choo—there you are
The Chattanooga Choo Cho,你就在那里。
'You have your ham and eggs in Carolina' 'Woo woo Chattanooga there you are”
“你在加利福尼亞有火腿和雞蛋吃”,Woo woo Chattanooga,你就在那里。
Rory—this is amazing having a musician singing to us!
Rory,你看,有一位音樂家給我們唱歌是不是很棒?
Well I am not going to sing to you—I leave that up to the professionals
我不會給你們唱的,我會留給專業人士去唱給你聽。
You were back in Beijing are on a China tour—where have you been on this wandering around the country
現在回到北京了,您在中國巡演時,都去了哪些地方呢?
Amazingly we are almost half way through the tour—we started three days ago in Shanghai - performing at the Oriental Arts Centre
也是神奇,我們已經完成將近一半的旅程—3天前,我們在上海開始—在那里的東方藝術中心進行了演奏。
Then went to Jinan and performed in that fabulous new grand theatre there.
隨后去了濟南,在那里宏偉的新大劇院演奏。
Jumped on the high speed train and here we are in Beijing
然后乘上高鐵,我們就到了這里—北京
Two concerts in the 'crown jewel' of arts centres in China—the NCPA (Which is National Centre for the Performing Arts )
在中國的藝術中心“皇冠上的寶石”— 國家大劇院進行了兩場演奏會。
Track Two
Looking over your past, Malibu must have been a lovely place to be brought up?
回顧你的過去,在馬里布那個地方長大一定很不錯吧?
It was idyllic with the mountains and the sea right there
它依山傍海,一派田園風光。
One of the things that has been nice for me getting to know Sydney has been—Sydney and Malibu share an ocean
有一件事我覺得還挺不錯的,就是了解到悉尼與馬里布共享一片海
As you may be aware, there are actual scents and fragrances that come from the Pacific that are like no other place.
也許您也注意到了,那里能聞到來自太平洋的海洋的香味,跟其他地方很不一樣。
I haven't got close enough to the water here in China to check yet
在中國,我還沒有來得及去海邊看看
You were mentioning the National Centre for Performing Arts Rory.
你之前提到過國家表演藝術中心,羅里
It's a fabulous venue, you've been here, a couple of times now?
這可是個相當不錯的表演場地,您都來過多次了吧?
Yes—we performed there when we toured to China in 2012 as well.
是的,2012年我們在中國巡演也是在那
It is a wonderful building but I think that the thing really impresses us most is just what a spectacular acoustic the hall has
那是一個雄偉的建筑,但給我們印象最深的是音樂廳所擁有的非凡的音響效果。
It shows the orchestra off to best effect
它將管弦樂器的聲效展現的淋漓盡致
You know one of the great things about touring is that ability to be able to play in different halls everyday.
你知道巡演最爽的事就是在每天能在不同演奏廳里表演
The orchestra really get used to the flexibility required for that
管弦樂隊也習慣了這種靈活性
I think the concert hall here has one of the finest acoustics anywhere in the world
我覺得這里的音樂廳有著世界級的,無與倫比的音響效果
We love playing here
我們很喜歡在這里演出
I always liked music—my whole family liked music—but no one is professional—I am the one who is crazy enough to think that was something one could actually pursue
我熱愛音樂,我們全家人都熱愛音樂,但沒有一個人是專業的。而我是那個足夠瘋狂的認為音樂是一項可以追求的事業的人。
I went and studied in London at the Royal Academy of Music
我到倫敦的皇家音樂學院去學習
From there became a 'wandering minstrel' around lots of different places
從那以后,我成為了一個流浪歌手,在很多不同的地方表演。
And here I am
現在,我就在這里