So you mentioned corruption in your talk, and you're known, well-known as a strong anticorruption fighter.
你在你的演講中提到了腐敗,而你作為一個反腐敗人士是非常知名的。
But that's had consequences. People have fought back, and your mother was kidnapped.
但這對你是有很大影響的。那些人反擊,你的母親遭到綁架。
How have you been handling this?
你是如何應對這些的?
It's been very difficult. Thank you for mentioning the issue of the kidnap of my mother.
那是一段非常艱難的時期。謝謝你提到了綁架我母親的問題。
It's a very difficult subject.
這是一個很艱難的話題。
But what it means is that when you fight corruption,
但這也正說明當你與腐敗斗爭時,
when you touch the pockets of people who are stealing money, they don't just keep quiet.
當你摸到了那些偷錢人的口袋時,他們不會只是保持沉默。
They fight back, and the issue for you is when they try to intimidate you, do you give up, or do you fight on?
他們會反抗,而你得思考,當他們試圖恐嚇你,你會放棄嗎?還是你會繼續戰斗?
Do you find a way to stay on and fight back?
你找到一個方法堅持不懈且反擊嗎?
And the answer that I had with the teams I worked with is we have to fight on.
而我與我的工作團隊的答案是我們必須繼續抗爭。
We have to create those institutions.
我們必須去建立那些機構。
We have to find ways to stop these people from taking away the heritage of the future.
我們得找到方法來阻止那些人奪走屬于未來的遺產。
And so that's what we did. And even out of government, we continued to make that point.
這就是我們所做的。即使脫離政府,我們仍保持這個觀點。
In our countries, nobody, nobody is going to fight corruption for us but us.
在我們的國家,沒有人會為了我們與腐敗斗爭,除了我們自己。
And therefore, that comes with consequences, and we just have to do the best we can.
因此,伴隨著一定的后果,我們只需要盡我們所能做到最好。
But I thank you and thank TED for giving us a voice
但我非常感謝你非常感謝TED給我們機會向那些人發聲
to say to those people, you will not win, and we will not be intimidated. Thank you.
你們不會勝利的,我們也不怕恐嚇!謝謝
Thank you so much for your great talk and important work.
非常感謝你精彩的演講和做出的重要努力。