Hello, Chicago! It's good to be home! Thank you! Thank you, everybody. All right, everybody sit down.
你好,芝加哥!回家的感覺真好!非常感謝。謝謝大家。好的大家都坐下吧,
We're on live TV here. I've got to move. come on!
我們正在電視直播呢。我得繼續呢,可以了!
You can tell that I'm a lame duck because nobody is following instructions. Everybody have a seat.
看來我的確是個跛腳鴨總統呢,都沒人聽我的指示。好了大家都坐下吧。
My fellow Americans -- Michelle and I have been so touched by all the well wishes that we've received over the past few weeks.
我的美國同胞們,最近幾周,米歇爾和我收到了無數令人感動的祝福,
But tonight, tonight, it's my turn to say thanks.
今晚輪到我來表達謝意了。
Whether we have seen eye-to-eye or rarely agreed at all,
不管我們曾經意見相合還是相左,
my conversations with you, the American people,
各位美國同胞,我同你們的每一次對話,

in living rooms and in schools, at farms, on factory floors, at diners and on distant military outposts
不管是在會客廳還是在學校,在農場還是工廠車間,在餐桌上還是在遙遠的邊哨,
those conversations are what have kept me honest, and kept me inspired, and kept me going.
這些交流都讓我保持真誠,充滿斗志,勇往直前。
And every day, I have learned from you.
每一天,我都從你們身上學到東西。
You made me a better President, and you made me a better man.
是你們讓我成為一個更好的總統,一個更好的人。
So I first came to Chicago when I was in my early 20s.
我第一次來到芝加哥的時候,還是一個20歲出頭的小伙子,
And I was still trying to figure out who I was, still searching for a purpose in my life.
試圖尋找自我定位,尋找生活的目標。
And it was a neighborhood not far from here where I began working with church groups in the shadows of closed steel mills.
我最初就是在這附近的街區,在一個被關閉的鋼廠旁,和教會團體一起工作。
It was on these streets where I witnessed the power of faith, and the quiet dignity of working people in the face of struggle and loss.
我就是在這里的街道上見證了信仰的力量,見證了這些靠雙手吃飯的人面對生活的掙扎和失利時展現出的泰然自若。