1、hang on
等一會兒;稍等
Can you hang on for a minute?
你能不能稍等一會兒?
Hang on a sec. I'll come with you.
稍等,我跟你一起去。
(面對困難或阻力)堅持不懈,不泄氣
Without the support of my parents I would have probably cracked up completely. But I managed to hang on.
假如沒有我父母的支持,我可能已經徹底垮掉了。但我還是堅持了下來。
Manchester United hung on to take the Cup.
曼聯隊堅持到了最后,奪得了足總杯的冠軍。
保住;守住
The British driver was unable to hang on to his lead.
英國車手沒能保住自己的領先地位。
The President has been trying hard to hang onto power.
總統一直在設法抓住權力不放。
2、go through
經歷,經受(尤指苦難或艱難時期)
He was going through a very difficult time.
他正處于非常艱難的時期。
South Africa was going through a period of irreversible change.
南非正在經歷一場不可逆轉的變革。
翻閱;翻找;整理
It was evident that someone had gone through my possessions.
顯然有人翻過我的物品。
(法律、協議等)被通過;(決定)被批準
The bill might have gone through if the economy was growing.
要是當時經濟在增長的話,該法案或許也就獲得通過了。