Evan: Who are going out with tonight?
埃文:你今晚要跟誰出去?
Chantelle: I’m not sure. I might go to dinner with Steve or Eduardo or Jim.
莎黛爾:我還不確定。我可能會跟史蒂夫、愛德華多或者吉姆出去吃晚飯。
Evan: Dinner is in a couple of hours. You mean they’re waiting around for your call?
埃文:現在距離晚飯時間還有幾個小時。你的意思是,他們都在等你的電話?
Chantelle: They’d better be. They’re the ones vying for my attention, so they’d better be at my beck and call.
莎黛爾:他們最好是這樣。他們都想要贏得我的芳心,所以他們最好是隨傳隨到。
Evan: How many guys are you juggling?
埃文:你玩弄了多少位男士?
Chantelle: Not that many, only the ones who are really devoted admirers. I try to throw them a bone now and then.
莎黛爾:沒有多少,就只是那些傾慕我的忠實者。我會不時地給予他們一點恩惠。
Evan: By keeping them waiting.
埃文:用這種讓人靜候的方式。
Chantelle: It’s good to keep them on their toes.
莎黛爾:讓他們忙碌起來未嘗不是個好法子。
Evan: And by making them jealous of each other? I saw how angry Jack got when he saw you flirting with Kwan and later getting cozy with Mike.
埃文:讓他們嫉恨彼此?我可看見當你跟關調情,之后又跟麥克曖昧不清時,杰克是多么的憤怒。
Chantelle: Jack can’t stay angry with me. We’ll kiss and make up.
莎黛爾:杰克不會一直生我的氣。我們會言歸于好的。
Evan: Don’t you ever get tired of toying with so many men?
埃文:玩弄這么多男性,難道你不會覺得厭倦嗎?
Chantelle: I’m not toying with them. It’s not my fault that men find me irresistible.
莎黛爾:我并沒有玩弄他們。畢竟,男人對我無法抗拒又不是我的過錯。
Evan: Right, just like moths to a flame. No wonder so many get burned!
埃文:好吧,這就是傳說中飛蛾撲火吧。難怪那么多人寧愿引火燒身!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載