So you are a former Complex cover star, many many years ago
您曾經上過我們complex雜志的封面,那是好多好多年前了
and in the piece, you spoke with our founder about what he called these "Forest Gump" moments
在那期雜志中,您和我們的創始人交流過,他說人生中會有一些“屌絲逆襲”時刻
or what you describe as "how the hell did I get here" moments
然后你說你覺得更像是“天哪我是怎么到這里的”
and at the time you said the BeiJing Olympics dining hall when you were looking aroud
然后你說,那時候你最難以忘懷的是北京奧運會的餐廳里,你往身邊一看
and seeing a bunch of other famous athletes,was that moment
全是運動界風云人物
Here we are 8 years later
現在,八年過去了
What's that "Forest Gump" or that "How the hell did I get here" moment for you today
你有沒有新的這種“哇塞我是怎么做到的”時候呢
Well today is a kinda sitting here wondering how I can be so at peace with not playing the game
嗯今天的話,可能就是我現在能坐在這里搞不懂我是怎么能平靜的接受不打球這件事。
and if you asked me that question back then, there's no way.
你要是幾年前跟我說讓我不打球,我絕對回你沒門!知道嗎
Now I always have that itch to go play, right. But I don't.
我每分每秒都手癢的不行,不上場渾身難受。但現在這種感覺已經沒有了
You gotta gonna wonder how did I get to this point and it is a great place to be.
你也肯定會困惑我是怎么達到這種心態的,但這種狀態我也挺喜歡
Cuz as retired athletes
因為你也知道,對我們退役運動員來說
the last thing you want is still have that burning desire to go out there and play. You know what I mean
最不想發生的事就是心里突然蹦出一股戰斗之火,突然又想去打球了。你明白嗎
That's a problem a lot of players these days have
是,這是當今很多運動員面臨的一個問題
They don't know maybe when to hang it up, or they still holding on to that just a little bit.
他們可能不知道什么時候該金盆洗手或者他們總是與這項運動藕斷絲連
Well I mean think about it, If you've been playing the game for majority of your life
不過我是說,你想想,你想想如果人生大部分時間打球
The game has essentially become your life, right? So walking away from it, it's kind of like a death
那籃球就成了你的人生了,對吧?所以不打球對我如同死亡
Ritht? So, you know, it's process to accept that,
對吧?我還需要一個過程去慢慢接受,
and to be comfortable with that
慢慢適應這種生活
and to be able to let it go and move on
終能夠放手拂袖而去,開啟新篇章
更多精彩內容請關注微信公眾號:籃球英文堂 新浪微博:籃球英文堂