地點:巴巴多斯某酒店餐廳
人物:邁克,戴維,錢德勒
事件:得知菲比很有可能答應戴維的求婚,邁克趕去“先下手為強”。
Mike: I have a question I need to ask you.
邁克:我必須問你一句話。
David: I have a question I was kinda gonna ask her myself.
戴維:我自己也有個問題想問她。
Mike: Yeah, I understand, but before you do, she really needs to hear this.
邁克:嗯,我明白,但是在你問之前,她得先聽我說完。
David: OK, would you care for my seat as well?
戴維:好吧,那你要不要坐在我這兒?
Mike: Actually yeah, that'll be great.
邁克:好啊,那太好了。
David: That's fair; you've had a long trip.
戴維:這挺公平的,你剛趕了這么長的路。
Mike: Phoebe, I love you. I mean, I missed you so much these last few months and I thought we were apart for a good reason, but then I suddenly realized that there was no reason good enough to keep me from spending the rest of my life with you.
邁克:菲比,我愛你。我是說,我這幾個月都好想你,我以為我們分開是出于充分的理由,但是后來我突然意識到,沒有任何理由能夠充分到讓我放棄和你共度余生。
David: Kinda stepped on the toes of what I was going to say.
戴維:我也想這么說來著,你搶了我的話。
Mike: Sorry David, but she really has to know this.
邁克:不好意思,戴維,但是她得知道這些。
David: Alright, but after this I want to see you outside. If the rain stops.
戴維:好吧,但是這事兒之后我得跟你去外面談談。如果雨停了的話。
Mike: You're the most incredible woman I've ever met. How can I lose you? Now, I don't actually have a ring...
邁克:你是我遇見過的最不可思議的女人。我怎么能失去你呢?現在,雖然我沒有戒指……
David: I have a ring.
戴維:我有戒指。
Chandler: I wouldn't brag too much about that thing, big guy.
錢德勒:我要是你,可不會吹噓這個,老兄。
Mike: Phoebe, will you marry me?
邁克:菲比,你愿意嫁給我嗎?
Phoebe: No!
菲比:不愿意!