Dialogue 1
Jingjing: The food's almost ready, Mark. Are you hungry?
京晶:飯快做好了,馬克。你餓了嗎?
Mark: Am I? I'm starving to death. I feel like I could eat a horse.
馬克:餓了嗎?我快餓死了。我覺得我現在可以吞下一匹馬。
Jingjing: Well, good, I've whipped up a batch of double fudge chocolate chip cookies for you.
京晶:很好,我烤了一批特濃巧克力曲奇餅給你吃。
Mark: Ohhhhh, my mouth is watering. I've been thinking about food ever since I got home from work today.
馬克:哇塞,我要流口水啦。自從今天下班回到家我就一直想吃東西來著。
Jingjing: Face it, you can't get food off your mind, Mark. Everyday you get home from work it's the same old story: you want me to get in the kitchen and fix you something to eat.
京晶:承認吧,馬克,你腦子里天天就想著吃東西的事。你每天下班回家都一樣:想要我去廚房給你弄點兒什么吃的。
Mark: Come on, do you really expect me to cook some food? My cooking is dangerous, you know that. You've tried it before! Besides, I think women should do the cooking, not men!
馬克:拜托,難道你真的希望我去煮飯吃嗎?我的廚藝太糟糕了,你知道的。你不是已經嘗試過了嗎?而且,我認為做飯是女人應該做的事,不是男人該做的!
Jingjing: That's bull! Just because you're a guy and I'm a girl doesn't mean that I have to do the cooking! I've had it up to here with you! From now on, I think you should cook for me. If you think it's so easy, then you try it!
京晶:胡說!就因為你是男的我是女的,我就得去做飯嗎?我受夠了!從現在開始,你要給我做飯。如果你覺得做飯那么容易的話,那你試試吧!
Mark: Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Tomorrow I'll make dinner for you.
馬克:好吧,好吧。對不起,明天我會給你做飯的。
Jingjing: Great, I look forward to it.
京晶:太好了,我很期待。
習語短語
I'm starving to death.=我快餓死了(注意,這并不意味著你真的要死了。)
I could eat a horse.=我現在可以吞下一匹馬,用來表達極度的饑餓。
whip up (some food)=做出食物(通常很快,不會太麻煩)
My mouth is watering.=我流口水了。
can't get something off one's mind=不能停止想某事
It's the same old story.=總是……,指一個事件或情況頻繁出現;通常在抱怨時用。
My cooking is dangerous.=我是一個糟糕的廚師;我做飯不好吃。
That's bull!=胡說!
I've had it up to here.=我已經受夠了,不能忍受下去了。
from now on=從現在開始
Dialogue 2
Mark: Hi, Jingjing, perfect timing. I was just finishing dinner. Why don't you go pop a squat over there in the dining room. I'll go put the dinner on the table.
馬克:嗨,京晶,你來的正是時候。我剛剛做完晚餐。你不如先去飯廳坐一下吧。我馬上就上菜。
Jingjing: (Sniff Sniff) What's that burning smell? Is something on fire?
京晶:(嗅嗅聞聞)怎么有燒焦的氣味?是什么著火了么?
Mark: Oh, that's probably fish. I was running low on time so I put it in the microwave instead. It looks like I over did it. Ooops.
馬克:哦,可能是魚。時間來不及了,所以我把它放在微波爐里加熱了。哎呀,貌似有點兒熱過頭了。
Jingjing: Mark! You're not supposed to nuke fish in the microwave! What's wrong with you?
京晶:馬克!怎么能在微波爐里熱魚呢!我真是服了你了!
Mark: Don't worry. I've made more than one dish. Here, try these: I call it “potato chip delight”.
馬克:別擔心。我做了不止一個菜。來嘗嘗這個:我把它叫做“開心薯片”。
Jingjing: Potato chip delight? Mark, all you did was open up a bag of chips and put them on a plate. You call this cooking?
京晶:開心薯片?馬克,你所做的就是打開一包薯片,然后把它們倒在一個盤子里。你這叫做飯嗎?
Mark: Hey, give me a break, I'm new to cooking, okay? If you don't like the potato chips, then you can just start eating the ice cream I made. Here, try this.
馬克:嘿,饒了我吧,我是新手好嗎?如果你不喜歡薯片,那你可以吃我做的冰淇淋。在這里,嘗嘗。
Jingjing: Ice cream? This isn't ice cream! All you did was chop up some ice and threw it in a glass of milk.
京晶:冰淇淋?這哪是冰淇淋?。∧憔褪嵌缌艘恍┍鶋K然后把它們扔到一杯牛奶里。
Mark: Hey, I put sugar in there too. I skipped some of the directions because they were a little over my head. Look, if worse comes to worst I'll just order us a pizza.
馬克:嘿,我還加糖了呢。我跳過了一些步驟,因為實在是太復雜了,我根本看不懂。這樣吧,實在不行我們就訂披薩吃吧。
Jingjing: Here, you can use my cell phone. Please, I beg you, order one now!
京晶:這里,你可以用我的手機。拜托,我求求你,還是趕緊訂披薩吧!
習語短語
perfect timing=來的正是時候
pop a squat=[俚語] 坐下
over do something=做……過頭了
nuke=用微波爐加熱
potato chip=薯片,土豆片
You call this (something)?=你也能管這個叫……?(我完全不滿意……)
give me a break=饒了我吧
chop up=剁成小塊
over one's head=過于困難或復雜,不明白
If worse comes to worst...=實在不行, 到了萬不得已的時候……