So his perception towards the project changed,
此后,他對這個項目的看法發生了改變
and my perception towards the community changed also, and towards what they do.
同時,我對于這個社區的看法以及對于他們的看法也改變了
All the garbage that everybody is disgusted by is not theirs.
令所有人惡心的垃圾并不是他們的
They just work out of it.
他們只是工作
Actually, they don't live in the garbage. They live from the garbage.
事實上他們不住在垃圾堆中,他們只是從中謀生
So I started doubting myself and wondering what was the real purpose of this whole project?
所以我開始質問我自己,什么才是這個項目的真正意圖呢?
It was not about beautifying a place by bringing art to it.
這不是一個關于用藝術去美化一個地方的項目
It was about switching perception and opening a dialogue
這是一個交流觀念,打開對話窗口的橋梁
on the connection that we have with communities that we don't know.
它幫助我們了解其他與我們相關的社區
So day after day, the calligraphy circle was taking shape,
就這樣,日復一日,美術字逐漸成型
and we were always excited to go back on the mountain to look at the piece.
我們總是非常激動地回到山上去觀看我們的作品
And standing exactly at this point every day made my realize the symbolism behind this anamorphic piece.
而且通過每天都站在同一位置,我更加深刻地意識到這張合成圖背后的象征意義
If you want to see the real image of somebody, maybe you should change your angle.
如果你想看到誰真正的樣子,或許你應該改變你的視角
There was doubts and difficulties, like fears and stress.
這里曾經有疑惑和困難,恐懼和壓力
It wasn't simple to work in such environments,
在這樣的環境下工作并不簡單
sometimes having pigs under you while you paint or climbing a stack of garbage to reach a lift.
有時會有豬在你腳下,不論是在你作畫的時候或是為了乘電梯爬垃圾堆的時候
But we all got over the fear of the heights, the swinging lifts, the strength of the smell
我們都經歷了對高空、對搖擺的升降機、對濃烈的氣味的恐懼
and also the stress of not finishing on time.
以及對無法按時完工的壓力
But the kindness of all those people made us forget everything.
但當地人的善良使我們忘記了一切