As a lover of human anatomy,
作為人體解剖學的愛好者,
I'm so excited that we're finally putting our bodies at the center of focus.
我很高興我們終于開始關注人體之美了。
Through practices such as preventive medicine, patient empowerment and self-monitoring
從預防醫學、病患賦權、自我監測,
down to now obsessing over every single step we take in a day.
到現在我們甚至癡迷于每天走多少步。
All of this works to promote a healthy connection between ourselves and our bodies.
所有這一切都旨在讓我們與自己的身體建立良好關系。
Despite all this focus on the healthy self,
盡管有如此多對于自身健康的關注,
general public knowledge of the anatomical self is lacking.
大眾對于解剖學的了解仍十分匱乏。
Many people don't know the location of their vital organs, or even how they function.
很多人還不了解重要器官的位置,甚至不知道它們怎么發揮功能。
And that's because human anatomy is a difficult and time-intensive subject to learn.
這是因為人體解剖學是門非常復雜,耗力勞神的學科。
How many of you here made it through anatomy?
在座多少人拿到了解剖學學位?
Wow, good -- most of you are in medicine.
哇哦,好的——各位大都是學醫的。
I, like you, spent countless hours memorizing hundreds of structures.
我和你們一樣,花了大量時間熟記上百種身體結構。
Something no student of anatomy could do without the help of visuals.
沒有視覺輔助,同學們不可能做到。
Because at the end of the day, whether you remember every little structure or not,
因為最終,不管每個結構記沒記住,
these medical illustrations are what makes studying anatomy so intriguing.
這些醫學插畫都會成為解剖學迷人的地方。
In looking at them, we're actually viewing a manual of our very selves.
看著這些圖,其實就是看著一本關于自身的說明書。
But what happens when we're done studying?
但課程完成之后呢?
These beautiful illustrations are then shut back into the pages of a medical textbook,
這些美麗的插畫 便塵封于醫學課本里,
or an app, referenced only when needed.
或某個APP中,只在需要的時候才有人查看。