So, that was Noraida, and just like Lorraine and everybody else you're meeting today,
好吧,這就是諾埃達,就像珞琳和其他每一位你們今天要見到的人一樣
these are folks who are based on real people from my real life: friends, neighbors, family members.
這些朋友們的原型都來自我的真實生活,她們是我的朋友們鄰居們和家人
I come from a multicultural family.
我來自一個多元文化的大家庭
In fact, the older lady you just met: very, very loosely based on a great aunt on my mother's side.
事實上,你們剛剛見到的那位老太太,有那么一點點像我媽媽家的一位阿姨
It's a long story, believe me.
說來話長了,相信我
But on top of my family background, my parents also sent me to the United Nations school,
但除了我的家庭背景之外,我的父母還把我送進了聯合國學校
where I encountered a plethora of new characters, including Alexandre, my French teacher, okay.
在那里我結識了太多的新人,包括亞歷山大,我的法語老師
Well, you know, it was beginner French, that I am taking with her, you know.
要知道,那時候她教我們初級法語
And it was Madame Bousson, you know, she was very...
布松女士非常...
It was like, you know, she was there in the class, you know, she was kind of typically French.
要知道,在課堂上,她是那種典型的法國人
You know, she was very chic, but she was very filled with ennui, you know.
她很時髦很優雅,但她又十分倦怠
And she would be there, you know, kind of talking with the class, you know,
她在課堂上給我們講
talking about the, you know, the existential futility of life, you know.
講生命的存在徒勞無益
And we were only 11 years old, so it was not appropriate. But...
我們當時只有11歲,這個話題不太恰當。但是...
Yes, I took German for three years...
是的,我學過三年德語...
and it was quite the experience because I was the only black girl in the class, even in the UN school.
這個經歷很特別,因為我是班里唯一的黑人姑娘,即便我上的是聯合國學校
Although, you know, it was wonderful. The teacher, Herr Schtopf, he never discriminated.
但這經歷很棒。我的德語老師施托普先生從來沒有歧視過任何人
Never. He always, always treated each of us, you know, equally unbearably during the class.
從來沒有過,他一直從來都是公平對待我們每一個人,讓我們每一個人在課堂上都不好受。