She who ever had remained in the depth of my being,in the twilight of gleams and of glimpses;
那在神光離合之中,潛藏在我生命深處的她;
she who never opened her veils in the morning light,
那在晨光中永遠不肯揭開面紗的她,
will be my last gift to thee, my God, folded in my final song.
我的上帝,我要用最后的一首歌把她包裹起來,作為我給你的最后的獻禮。
Words have wooed yet failed to win her;
無數求愛的話,都已說過,但還沒有贏得她的心;
persuasion has stretched to her its eager arms in vain.
勸誘向她伸出渴望的臂,也是枉然。
I have roamed from country to country keeping her in the core of my heart,
我把她深藏在心里,到處漫游,
and around her have risen and fallen the growth and decay of my life.
我生命的榮枯圍繞著她起落。
Over my thoughts and actions, my slumbers and dreams, she reigned yet dwelled alone and apart.
她統治著我的思想、行動和睡夢,她卻自己獨居索處。
many a man knocked at my door and asked for her and turned away in despair.
許多的人叩我的門來訪問她,都失望地回去。
There was none in the world who ever saw her face to face, and she remained in her loneliness waiting for thy recognition.
在這世界上從沒有人和她面對過,她孤守著靜待你的賞識。