Hi everybody. On Thursday, I traveled to Pittsburgh for the White House Frontiers Conference,
大家好。周四,我來到匹斯堡參加白宮前沿大會。
where some of America's leading minds came together
在那里,一些美國的領袖人物聚在一起,
to talk about how we can empower our people through science to lead our communities, our country, and our world into tomorrow.
探討我們如何通過科學武裝我們的人民,引領我們的社區,我們的國家和我們的世界走向明天。
Plus, we had some fun. I had a chance to fly a space flight simulator where I docked a capsule on the International Space Station.
還有,我們做了一些有趣的事情。我有機會飛行在宇宙飛行仿真器中,在里面我停駐在國際空間站的太空艙中。
I met a young man who'd been paralyzed for more than a decade - but thanks to breakthrough brain implants, today,
我們見了一個年輕人,他已經癱瘓十來年了--但是多虧了突破性的大腦植入技術,現在,
he can not only move a prosthetic arm, but actually feel with the fingers.
他不僅能移動假肢,實際上已經能夠用手指去感覺。
It's awe-inspiring stuff.
這是令人驚嘆的事情。
And it shows how investing in science and technology spurs our country towards new jobs and new industries;
這顯示出,如何在科學和技術上投資來激勵我們的國家,發展出更多新的就業崗位和新的產業;
new discoveries that improve and save lives.
在新發現上投資,改善和拯救生命。
That's always been our country's story, from a Founding Father with an idea to fly a kite in a thunderstorm,
這一直是我們國家的故事。從一位國父有想法而在雷雨天放風箏,
to the women who solved the equations to take us into space, to the engineers who brought us the internet.
到解出了方程的婦女,讓我們能夠進入太空,到把我們帶到互聯網世界的工程師。
Innovation is in our DNA.
創新是深入到我們DNA中的。
And today, we need it more than ever to solve the challenges we face.
今天,我們比以往更需要創新,來解決我們面對的挑戰。
Only through science can we cure diseases, and save the only planet we've got,
只有通過科學,我們才能治愈眾多的疾病,拯救我們擁有的唯一的星球,
and ensure that America keeps its competitive advantages as the world's most innovative economy.
確保美國擁有競爭優勢,有著世界上最具創新型的經濟。