I had actually toyed with the idea last year.
去年開始我就在為這個想法準備了
Then I decided to get a booth only once I have at least 2 products to sell.
當時決定一旦我有至少兩個產品可以銷售就參展。
By that standard the time was ripe this year.
沒想到今年時間成熟了。
Actually this may not have been my best idea.
或許這并不是最好的主意
Many people were confused by the fact that I had 2 so very different products to show.
因為很多人看到我有兩個差別如此之大的產品都覺得很困惑。
My advice: less flyers more business cards. I handed out only 1,000 of my 4,000 flyers.
我的建議是:少用傳單,多發名片。我準備了4000份宣傳單,但只送出了1000份
But I ran out of business cards. I think I will try selling on the show floor next year.
過名片可是統統發光了。我想明年我會在展示層做些銷售。
This year I had a 20% coupon code on my flyers.
今年的宣傳單上我放了8折優惠券
Yet I can trace only very little sales back to that coupon code.
但是僅僅極少數最終轉化為購買。
Pricing is always a tricky problem for indie developers, yet you wrote that some people at Macworld thought your prices were too cheap!
定價問題對獨立開發者而言始終是個難題,你提到有些人認為你在《蘋 果電腦世界》展會上的定價太低!
How did you arrive at your pricing strategy?
你是如何制定價格策略的?
I must admit to having no idea on how to price my products right.
我得承認對于制定產品價格我毫無概念。
I have members of the community advising me to lower my price while other encourage me to up it.
社會上有人建議我壓低價格,也有人說應該提高。
So far, on the rare occasions where I got user feedback on pricing, they wanted it to be cheaper or even free.
目前為止,少數涉及價格的用戶反饋都是希望能便宜些,甚至免費。
Then on the Macworld show floor the situation was all different.
但是在《蘋果電腦世界》展示層上所顯示的情形則完全相反。
I had countless people remark that my pricing was low or even too low.
無數人說我的產品價格偏低或者太低。
I guess the cheapskates are faster to fire off email.
或許吝嗇鬼們都比較擅長刪除電子郵件吧。
What would you say is the single most critical factor necessary to become a full-time indie Mac developer?
你覺得成為全職獨立蘋果機開發者的唯一必要的條件是什么?
If only I knew. Actually I don’t think there is one single factor.
我也不知道。事實上我認為有不止一項條件
There is the product; there is quality..and luck.
除了產品,還有質量…包括運氣。
I believe that courteous customer support is a big factor in this equation.
我相信忠誠客戶支持在這個等式里是很重要的。
I get most emails answered within minutes. 24 hours at the very latest.
大部分電子郵件我都是立刻回復的,最遲不超過24小時。
Thank you so much for sharing your insights!
感謝你能和我們分享你的觀點。
Thank you for having me.
感謝你采訪我。