November 6
12月6日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Abby and Alex finished the race!
雅碧和亞力克斯完成了賽跑!
The race raised money for the hospital.
這是一場為醫院募款的賽跑。
But Alex didn't warm up enough before the race.
不過,亞力克斯在賽跑前暖身
During the race, he had to rest on the sidewalk for a while.
不夠, 以致途中不得不在人行道上休息一會兒。
His hip and back hurt after the race.
他的臀部和背部在賽跑結束后很酸痛,
Alex recovered from the run.
但亞力克斯的身體從跑步后的不適恢復了。
And now he will always warm up before running.
現在,他跑步前一定都會暖身。
Don't forget a water bottle!
別忘了帶水瓶!
Conversation A
會話A
So, Alex, how was the race?
亞力克斯,賽跑結果如何?
It was a good experience.
那是一次很好的體驗,
But I had to walk the last kilometer of the race.
可是我最后一公里不得不用走的。
I'm sorry to hear that.
聽到這樣我很遺憾。
What happened?
發生什么事了?
I didn't warm up well enough before the race.
我在賽跑前暖身不夠,
Then I got tired and had to rest on the sidewalk.
結果跑得太累,必須在人行道上休息一會兒。
How do you feel now?
你現在覺得怎么樣?
I'm sore!
很酸痛!
My right hip and my back really hurt.
我的右臀和后背都很痛。
Conversation B
會話B
Hey, Susie, I just read about the race in the news.
嘿,蘇希,我剛看了那場賽跑的新聞報導,
The race raised a lot of money.
那場賽跑募到了很多錢耶。
Great! What did it raise money for?
太棒了!募款是為了什么?
It raised money for the hospital.
那場賽跑是為醫院募款,
The money can buy things the hospital needs.
這筆錢是要用來買醫院需要的物資。
Hey, maybe next time we should all run!
嘿,說不定下一次我們全都應該去參加賽跑!
Run a 15-kilometer race?
跑十五公里的賽跑?
No thanks!
不用了,謝謝!
I'll just cheer for all of you at the finish line instead!
我在終點線為你們所有人歡呼加油就好了!
Conversation C
會話C
Hey, Alex, are you feeling better?
嘿,亞力克斯,你覺得好點了沒?
Yes, I am. I've recovered from the race.
好多了,我已經從賽跑后的不適當中恢復了很多,
Rest is really important!
休息真的很重要!
And so is warming up!
暖身也是!
I agree! Now I'll always warm up well before a run.
我同意!現在我跑步前一定會先暖身。
So why do you have a water bottle with you now?
你現在為什么隨身帶著一個水瓶?
I'm running after work.
我下班后要去跑步。
You're going to run again?
你又要跑?
You don't quit, do you?
你從來不放棄,對不對?