15.Failure Is an Option, but Fear Is Not
15.失敗是一個選項,但畏懼不是
So, when I came back to make my next movie, which was Avatar,
所以,我開始拍攝接下來的電影《阿凡達》時,
I tried to apply that same principle of leadership which is that you respect your team, and you earn their respect in return.
試著運用了這種領導原則,我尊重我的團隊,他們也很尊重我。
And it really changed the dynamic.
這讓團隊變得很有活力。
So, here I was again with a small team, in uncharted territory doing Avatar,
所以,這次我也帶了一支小團隊,在未經探索的地區拍攝《阿凡達》,
coming up with new technology that didn't exist before. Tremendously exciting.
創造前所未有的新技術,這非常有意思,
Tremendously challenging. And we became a family, over a four and half year period.
也頗具有挑戰性。在這四年半多的時間里,我們就像一家人一樣。
And it completely changed how I do movies.
這完全改變了我拍電影的方式。
So, people have commented on how, well, you brought back the ocean organisms and put them on the planet of Pandora.
有人評論說,卡梅隆只是把一些海洋生物放到了潘多拉星球上。
To me it was more of a fundamental way of doing business, the process itself, that changed as a result of that.
但我來說,建立這種互相尊重的默契不僅僅是做商業電影的基本法則,而是過程本身改變了事情的結果。
So, what can we synthesize out of all this? You know, what are the lessons learned?
我能從這些經歷中總結出什么,又能學到什么?
Well, I think number one is curiosity. It’s the most powerful thing you own.
首先要有好奇心,這是你擁有的最強大的東西;