Since 1984, I have made millions simply by doing what the school system does not.
自從1984年以來,我僅僅是通過做學校教育沒做的事情,就賺了數百萬美元。
In school, most teachers lecture. I hated lectures as a student.
在學校,大部分老師都喜歡不停地講解,我在當學生的時候就不喜歡這種授課方式。
I was soon bored, and my mind would drift.
因為我很快就會厭倦地走神。
In 1984, I began teaching via games and simulations.
1984年,我開始使用游戲和模板來教學。
I always encourage adult students to look at games as reflecting back to what they know and what they need to learn.
我常常鼓勵我的成人學生要從游戲中發現哪些情況是他們所知道的,哪些是他們還需要學習的。
Instead of the teacher lecturing you, the game is feeding back a personalized lecture, custom-made just for you.
它不需要老師不停地講解,它就像是一場個人間的對話,完全按照你的習慣定制。
The friend of the woman who left later called to give me an update.
后來我的朋友打電話告訴我那位女士的最新情況。
She said her friend was fine and had calmed down.
她現在很好,已經平靜下來。
In her cooling-off period, she could see some relationship between the game and her life.
當冷靜下來時,她發現那個游戲與她的生活之間的確存在著某種微妙的關系。
Just like a board game, the world is always providing us with instant feedback.
就像這種游戲一樣,現實生活也總會給我們實時的反饋。
We could learn a lot if we tuned in more.
我們關注得越多,能夠學到的也就越多。