Well, it was a bit of a mission, but we finally tracked down
好嘞,小任務而已,我們功成身退
and bought everything on the list.
單上的原料我們都買到了
And once we find Sue's restaurant we can get cooking.
一旦我們回到蘇的飯館,我們就能開工了
Tuck away in the depth of old Beijing,
深居北京老城的深處
Sue's place is the perfect homely spot to enjoy a traditional New Year hot pot.
蘇的飯店可謂相宜之所,得以享受傳統新年火鍋
What would you like us to do?
我們做什么呢
So we're going to slice it up. Just slice it up.
先切片。切片就好
As we chop up all those lovely Chinese vegetables...
當我們切那些可愛的中國蔬菜時...
Look at that.
看這兒
The design of that piece.
瞧,這塊的造型
We get a hearty broth on the boil and then in goes the beef.
鍋里是豐盛的高湯,然后放入牛肉
Just like drop it in here.
就把它放入這兒
It is like a Chinese fondue.
看起來像中式芝士火鍋
Oh, no. It sticks there.
哦,不。這兒粘住了
The pot wants to have your piece of meat.
這鍋想吃你那塊肉啊
It is utter genius, this.
這真是天才的發明啊
It's theatre, isn't it? It is.
很搞笑是吧?沒錯
I think it is done, yeah.
我想涮好了,耶
It is time to let the New Year feasting began.
新年宴要開席啦
For you guys, flowing for. Beef.
給你們,涮起來。牛肉
Hot? It's hot pot.
燙嗎?這就是火鍋啦
Is it true that the Chinese like a bit of chew, like bite in the food?
中國人是不是真的喜歡咀嚼,喜歡嚼食物
Yes, we call it QQ which is like chewiness.
是的,我們管這種叫有嚼勁
We like if it bounce back, that texture we really like.
我們喜歡有彈勁的,喜歡這種口感
Cooking and eating together at the table is just fantastic.
一起做飯,一起圍著桌子吃,感覺太棒了
No wonder this is a New Year favourite.
無怪這是人們新年的最愛啦
This would be a great thing to do at home,
這是居家的大事
get yourself a little burner, a little pot, and get the family around.
燒起爐子,架上鍋,跟家人一起
Don't burn yourself.
只是別燒著自己
You'd wind up as good as Sue, though.
但你最終會跟蘇一樣巧手
We'll definitely dock on.
我們肯定會靠譜的