Sue's given us a list of hot pot ingredients to find in the market, lotus root, mushrooms and beef.
蘇給了我們一張火鍋料單到市場入貨,蓮藕,蘑菇還有牛肉
There are no stalls.
這都沒攤位
The trucks rock up, they sell their vegetables and they go home and that is how it works.
貨車列陣,他們就這樣賣菜。賣完回家,就是這樣子做買賣
He's sold out.
他都賣完了
Have you sold... Oh, good, very good.
你是賣完了嗎…好,太棒了
Hello, how are you?
您好
I am very good, how are you?
我挺好,您呢
You know what? There is a really happy atmosphere here, isn't there? It's lush.
感覺到沒,這里很喜慶,不是嗎?應有盡有
Sue wants us to get lotus root.
蘇讓我們買蓮藕
Look at that.
看那兒
They look like living in a swamp of its own making. That is remarkable.
它們看上去就像長在那灘水里的。不可思議
Go on, Dave, get stuck in.
加油,戴夫,趕緊的
Right, I'll have three.
好的,我買三根
Now Dave calls this a hard-nosed paddling technique.
戴夫管這個叫“醒目手語”
How much?
多少錢
I call it handing over the dosh. No questions asked.
我管這叫“一手交錢一手交貨”。啥都沒問
Twenty.
20塊
That's two quid I suppose. Not bad. Yeah.
差不多2英鎊吧,我猜。不錯,是的
Just as well it is as reasonably priced as it is fresh.
這很新鮮,這價格還算合理啦
Thank you, thank you.
謝謝你,謝謝你
Onto the next item on Sue's list, mushrooms.
蘇列的單子上下一項是蘑菇
Look at them, they are like velvet.
看這兒,它們看起來就像絲絨
They look like people's ears.
看起來像人的耳朵
You know like, when you played rugby, the cauliflower ears.
就像你玩橄欖球耳朵受過傷后的樣子
Get loads. These are superb.
裝上,這些太棒了
There is one more item left to buy
還有最后一項
and that means heading deep into the heart of the market.
那得去市場的中心部位
This is Beijing's meat hangar.
這兒就是北京的肉鋪
In the west we tend to design a meal around our choice of meat,
西方人常常是有什么肉做什么菜
but traditional Chinese cooks use meat more like a garnish.
但傳統的中國菜,肉更多地是一種配菜
There is such a lot of choice.
有這么多選擇啊
Now, I know my beef, but finding the right cut for the recipe
找到牛肉了,可食譜上需要哪個部位呢
is not as easy as you think.
這就沒你想的那么容易了
You'd have to recognise the joints.
你必須認識各種部位
That is silverside. The silverside would be good. Yeah, let's do that.
牛腿肉。牛腿肉就很好呀。是,就這塊了
Can we have this? Please, thank you. Thank you. Happy New Year. Thank you.
能要這塊嗎,好的,謝謝你。謝謝你,新年快樂。謝謝