日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語演講 > TED十佳演講話題 > 正文

TED十佳演講之尋找真理:我們的大問題

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

I want to talk today about

今天我所要講的是
I've been asked to take the long view,
他們讓我談談長遠的觀點
and I'm going to tell you what I think are the three biggest problems for humanity from this long point of view.
我要告訴你們,我認為,從長遠來看,人類面臨著三大問題。
Some of these have already been touched upon by other speakers, which is encouraging.
其中有些問題已經被其他講演者提到了,這是很鼓舞人心的。
It seems that there's not just one person who thinks that these problems are important.
看起來遠不止一個人認為這些問題意義重大。
The first is -- death is a big problem.
第一——死亡是一個重大的問題。
If you look at the statistics, the odds are not very favorable to us.
如果你看看統計數據,形式對我們來說并不樂觀。
So far, most people who have lived have also died.
到目前為止,大部分曾經活過的人,都已經死了。
Roughly 90 percent of everybody who has been alive has died by now.
大致來說,所有人類中百分之九十的人目前已經死亡了.
So the annual death rate adds up to 150,000 --
因此,年死亡率總計就是15萬——
sorry, the daily death rate -- 150,000 people per day,
對不起,日死亡率——每天15萬人,
which is a huge number by any standard.
以任何標準看,這個數字都是巨大的。

我們的大問題

The annual death rate, then, becomes 56 million.

那么,年死亡率就變成了5千6百萬人。
If we just look at the single, biggest cause of death, aging
如果我們只著眼于死亡的最大的單一因素,衰老
it accounts for roughly two-thirds of all human people who die.
大約有三分之二的人因此而死。
That adds up to an annual death toll of greater than the population of Canada.
這些每年因衰老而死亡的人數比加拿大的人口還要多。
Sometimes, we don't see a problem
有時,我們無視于問題之存在,
because either it's too familiar or it's too big.
因為要么這個問題太熟悉,要么這個問題太大了。
Can't see it because it's too big.
因為問題太大了,所以我們看不見。
I think death might be both too familiar and too big for most people to see it as a problem.
我認為,死亡對我們來說,既過于熟悉也過于巨大,因此大多數人都不會把它當做一個問題來看待。
Once you think about it, you see this is not statistical points;
一旦你想一下,你就會發現這并不是統計數字而已。
these are -- let's see, how far have I talked?
這些是——讓我看看,我講了有多久了?
I've talked for three minutes.
我已經講了三分鐘。
So that would be, roughly, 324 people have died since I've begun speaking.
那么,從我開始講話到現在,有大概324個人已經去世了。
People like -- it's roughly the population in this room has just died.
這個人數就像——大概有這個房間里的那么多人剛才去世了。
Now, the human cost of that is obvious,
死亡給人類帶來的損失是很明顯的。
once you start to think about it -- the suffering, the loss --
如果你開始細想,死亡帶來的痛苦、損失
it's also, economically, enormously wasteful.
從經濟上來說,這也是一種巨大的浪費。
I just look at the information, and knowledge, and experience
光從信息、知識和經驗來看,
that is lost due to natural causes of death in general, and aging, in particular.
一般而言,它們都因人的自然死亡而消失了,尤其是因衰老而造成的死亡。
Suppose we approximated one person with one book?
假設我們把一個人比作一本書,
Now, of course, this is an underestimation.
當然,這對人來說是低估的。
A person's lifetime of learning and experience is a lot more than you could put into a single book.
一個人一生的學識和經驗,遠不能為一本書所容納。
But let's suppose we did this.
但讓我們這么假設吧。
52 million people die of natural causes each year corresponds, then, to 52 million volumes destroyed.
每年有五千兩百萬人因自然原因而死亡,那么,相應的,五千兩百萬冊書也毀滅了。
Library of Congress holds 18 million volumes.
國會圖書館有一千八百萬冊藏書。
We are upset about the burning of the Library of Alexandria.
亞歷山大圖書館被燒毀讓我們深感惋惜。
It's one of the great cultural tragedies that we remember, even today.
這是一大文化悲劇,我們直到今天還記憶猶新。
But this is the equivalent of three Libraries of Congress -- burnt down, forever lost -- each year.
但死亡造成的損失,相當于每年有三座國會圖書館的藏書灰飛煙滅,永遠消亡。
So that's the first big problem.
因此,這是第一個重大問題。
And I wish Godspeed to Aubrey de Grey, and other people like him,
我要祝奧布里·德·格雷和他的同行們成功,
to try to do something about this as soon as possible.
祝他們在這個問題上盡早有所進展。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 會議記錄,(復數)分鐘

 
population [.pɔpju'leiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 人口 ,(全體)居民,人數

聯想記憶
obvious ['ɔbviəs]

想一想再看

adj. 明顯的,顯然的

聯想記憶
equivalent [i'kwivələnt]

想一想再看

adj. 等價的,相等的
n. 相等物

聯想記憶
humanity [hju:'mæniti]

想一想再看

n. 人類,人性,人道,慈愛,(復)人文學科

 
touched [tʌtʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 受感動的 adj. 精神失常的

 
statistical [stə'tistikəl]

想一想再看

adj. 統計的,統計學的

 
favorable ['feivərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 有利的,贊許的,良好的,順利的,偏袒的

 
enormously

想一想再看

adv. 巨大地,龐大地;非常地,在極大程度上

 
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特別的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 玉林电视台| 打开双腿扒开打屁股羞辱惩罚视频| 王渝萱林教授电影| 秦时明月动画片| 国有企业党建讲话原文| 电影《森林》| 酱园弄 电影| 许嵩是哪里人| 常乐镇| 李乃文宋丹丹朱媛媛演的电视剧 | 童宁的全部经典电影| 蒂塔万提斯全集免费观看| 西班牙女郎| 洞房艳谭电影| 风雨丽人 电视剧| 南来北往电视剧剧情介绍| 诗第十二主要内容| dj舞曲超劲爆dj| 林戈| 山东生活频道| artist什么意思| 陈建斌电影| 惊魂| 20岁电影免费完整观看| 视频一区二| 洪熙| 寻梦环游记英文| 《满意度》电影免费观看| 碧血蓝天| 来的都是客| 贵阳银行客服电话24小时人工服务| 美女下面| 妙探出差3| 一路向北 免费观看 电影在线观看| 我的亲爱| 伊利亚伍德| 奇门遁甲免费讲解全集| 菲律宾电影甜蜜宝贝| 尸语者 电视剧| 一年又一年电视剧演员表| 日本电影家庭教师|