1、hang on
動詞等一會兒;稍等
Can you hang on for a minute?
你能不能稍等一會兒?
Hang on a sec. I'll come with you.
稍等,我跟你一起去。
(面對困難或阻力)堅持不懈,不泄氣
Without the support of my parents I would have probably cracked up completely. But I managed to hang on.
假如沒有我父母的支持,我可能已經徹底垮掉了。但我還是堅持了下來。
Manchester United hung on to take the Cup.
曼聯隊堅持到了最后,奪得了足總杯的冠軍。
緊握;牢牢抓住
She was conscious of a second man hanging on to the rail.
她意識到還有另一個男人緊抓著欄桿。
a flight stewardess who helped save the life of a pilot by hanging onto his legs.
緊緊抓住飛行員的雙腿而救了他一命的空中女乘務員
2、brilliant
聰穎的;技藝高超的
She had a brilliant mind.
她頭腦聰明。
It was his brilliant performance in 'My Left Foot' that established his reputation.
他在《我的左腳》中的精彩表演使他一舉成名。
非常好的;很棒的;出色的
If you get a chance to see the show, do go — it's brilliant.
如果你有機會去看那個演出,你一定要去—棒極了!
My sister's given me this brilliant book.
我的姐姐給了我這本非常好看的書。