There's only one tollbooth in Jeff City, to the southwest,
杰佛遜市唯一的收費站在西南部
and this man Heinz Sauermagen from Rolla been in illegal possession for near two year,
自斯科菲爾德將軍駐扎當地以來 被一個羅拉市名叫海因茨·蘇爾馬根的人
since your man General Schofield set him up there.
非法占據近兩年之久
But President Monroe give that toll gate to my granpap
可那地方由門羅總統授予我的祖父
and Quincy Adams give my pap a letter saying it's our'n for keeps.
昆西·亞當斯也致信過我的父親 說那里歸我們家族所有
Mrs. Jolly got the Show Mr. Lincoln the Quincy Adams letter.
我太太帶來了 給林肯先生看看亞當斯總統的信
That's unnecessary, Mrs. Jolly.Just tell me what you want from me.
不必了 喬利夫人 告訴我您的要求好了
Mr. Jolly's emphysema don't care for cigars.
我丈夫有肺氣腫 不能聞煙味
Madame. Do you know about the proposed Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution?Yes sir, everybody knows of it.
夫人 您了解 憲法第13號修正案提案嗎 是的 先生 所有人都知道
The President favors it.But do you? We do.You know that it abolishes slavery?
總統贊成這項提案 你們呢 我們也贊成 你知道這項法案會廢除奴隸制吧
Yes sir. I know it.And is that why you favor it?What I favor is ending the war.
是的 我知道 這是你贊成的原因嗎 我贊成的只是停戰
Once we do away with slavery, the rebs will quit fighting,
我們一廢奴 南軍就會停戰
since slavery's what they're fighting for.Mr. Lincoln, you always say so.
因為他們就是為維護奴隸制而戰的 林肯先生 您總是這樣說
With the amendment,slavery's ended and they'll give up,the war can finish then.
修正案一出臺 奴隸制就會廢除 南方叛軍也會投降 戰爭也會隨之結束
If the war finished first, before we end slavery, would,President Lincoln says the war won't stop unless we finish slavery.
假如戰爭在廢奴前就結束 你們還 林肯總統說除非廢奴 否則戰爭不會結束
But if it did. The South is exhausted.If they run out of bullets and men,would you still want your,Who's your representative?
我說假如 南軍人困馬乏 假如他們彈盡糧絕 你還會讓你們的 你們那里的議員是誰