I travelled west of Beijing to a town which has preserved
我來到了北京西邊的一個小鎮來看
one of China's most extraordinary ancient light shows.
中國最非凡而古老的燈光表演之一
If you want to see a centuries-old slice of China, Nuanquan is a good place to start.
如果你想體驗下中國百年前的風貌,那么暖泉鎮是個不錯的開端
Its name means warm spring town
暖泉意為溫暖的泉水
and it's called that because it has a geothermal spring which never freezes,
因為這里有一口永不結冰的地熱溫泉
a bonus really here in the winter when the temperature dropped to minus 20 degrees.
冬季溫度降到零下20度時,這著實是個福利
Because of this, Nuanquan has been inhabited for over 20,000 years
人們也因此在暖泉鎮生活了2萬多年
and much of what you can see here dates back to the Ming Dynasty,
而你所看到的這些大多可以追溯到明朝時期
and it's over 500 years old.
足有500多年的歷史
But it is not just these ancient buildings I've come to see.
我來這里要看的不只是這些古建筑
I'm here because Nuanquan is a place
我來到暖泉鎮還因為這里
where some of China's oldest New Year traditions have also been perfectly preserved.
完好保留了一些中國最古老的新年傳統
One of the most spectacular and the most dangerous of them is called Dashuhua
而其中最為壯觀和危險的就是“打樹花”
which basically means creating a canopy of flowers.
基本上就是要造一頂花冠
A canopy of flowers made from flying shards of molten metal.
一種由飛濺的熱熔鐵水做的花冠
This tradition was started here 500 years ago as a cheap alternative to fireworks by a blacksmith like Mr Xue.
這項傳統起源于500年前的這里,最初是一名薛鐵匠做的一種廉價煙花替代品
His family have been blacksmiths here in Nuanquan for an incredible 14 generations
他的家族在暖泉鎮世代為鐵匠,至今竟然已傳承了14代
and he is the last in a long line of Dashuhua masters.
這是一連串打樹花大師中的最后一位
The tradition has been that the art is passed down from fathers to sons,
傳統上這技藝是父傳子的
and Mr Mr Xue has two daughters.
而薛先生有兩名女兒
Who's next? Who is gonna take over from you?
她們誰會繼承你的技藝呢
Creating a light show out of molten iron is a dangerous business,
用熱熔鐵水打出光耀是項危險的行當
but Mr Xue has agreed to show me how it is done.
但薛先生同意為我展示這一技藝
The molten iron has been cooking for about 45 minutes and it is looking pretty hot
鐵水已經燒了大約45分鐘了,看著也非常熱了
but, before we let any sparks fly, Mr Xue has to get into protective clothing.
但在火花飛濺之前,薛先生需要穿上防護服
If you think he is going to don a full asbestos suit with some goggles and helmets, think again.
如果你覺得他會穿石棉消防服,戴上護鏡,頭盔的話,那可就錯了
Ready to go in the most flammable protective gear I've ever seen,
薛先生穿好了我所見過的最易燃的護具后
Mr. Xue gives me my first ever demonstration of Dashuhua.
讓我生平第一次見到了樹花
That was a small-scale demonstration,
那只是場小型演示
if you want to see the full version
如果你想看完整版的話
you've got to go inside tonight into the theatre.
那你就得到今晚的劇院里