Dialogue 1
Jingjing: Pee yew! What's that awful smell?
京晶:咿呀,什么味道這么難聞?
Xiaogao: Don't look at me! I took a shower today!
小高:別看我,我今天洗澡啦。
Jingjing: No, I mean… something smells like smoke.
京晶:不是……我是說好像有煙味。
Xiaogao: Oh, I recently picked up a bad habit. I started smoking a few weeks ago.
小高:哦,我最近養成了一個壞習慣,我幾周前開始吸煙了。
Jingjing: Really? Why did you start doing that?
京晶:真的嗎?你怎么開始的?
Xiaogao: I bummed a cigarette from my friend one day. After that, I got hooked.
小高:有一天我從我朋友那兒順了一根煙,那之后我就上癮了。
Jingjing: Well, I think you should kick the habit!
京晶:我覺得你應該改掉這個習慣。
Xiaogao: I want to, but it's really hard!
小高:我也想,但是真的很難。
Jingjing: You know what they say: Bad habits are like comfortable beds, easy to get into, hard to get out of.
京晶:俗話說得好,壞習慣就像舒適的床,上癮容易,戒掉就難了。
Xiaogao: You can say that again. So, do you have any suggestions on how to quit?
小高:你說得太對了,那你有什么建議嗎,怎么能戒煙?
Jingjing: I heard the patch works really well. Why don't you give it a try and see if it helps?
京晶:我聽說戒煙貼片挺管用的,不如你試試?
Xiaogao: Okay, I'll give it a shot. Talk to you later!
小高:好的,我試試,回聊!
Jingjing: Later!
京晶:回聊!
New words for dialogue:
Pee yew!=\[語氣詞\]咿呀,聞到壞氣味的時候用。
Don't look at me!=別看著我呀,不關我的事。
bad habit=壞毛病
bum (something)=借、拿某東西,通常是小東西,比如錢和煙。
get hooked (on something)=(對某事)上癮
kick a habit=改掉習慣
Bad habits are like comfortable beds, easy toget into, hard to get out of.=壞習慣就像舒適的床,上癮容易,戒掉就難了。
the patch=戒煙貼片,一種在美國很流行的戒煙方法。把貼片貼在身體上,就能在一段時間內幫助人體釋放尼古丁。
give something a shot=嘗試某事
Dialogue 2
Jingjing: Hey, Xiaogao.Were you able to quit smoking yet?
京晶:嘿,小高,你戒煙成功了嗎?
Xiaogao: Yes, thank God! It was really hard, but I finally did it.
小高:是的,謝天謝地,確實非常難,但我還是成功了。
Jingjing: I'm sure it was, after all, old habits die hard. So did you use the patch?
京晶:非常理解,畢竟習慣很難改變,那你用戒煙貼片了嗎?
Xiaogao: No, the patch was a rip off, so I didn't buy it.
小高:沒有。貼片太貴了,簡直就是搶錢,所以我沒買。
Jingjing: So how did you do it?
京晶:那你是怎么做到的?
Xiaogao: I went cold turkey. It's the cheapest and most effective method there is.
小高:我用的簡單粗暴法,就是立刻停止吸煙,這是最便宜也最有效的方法了。
Jingjing: Wow, good for you! How do you feel now? Did you have any withdrawals?
京晶:哇,好樣的,你現在感覺怎么樣?有什么不舒服嗎?
Xiaogao:For the first three days I had a headache,after that it was smooth sailing.
小高:前三天我一直頭疼來著,但之后就一帆風順了。
Jingjing: Well, I'm glad you've given yourself a new lease of life. In the future, don't bum anymore cigarettes!
京晶:哇,我很高興你給了自己一個嶄新的開始,以后可別再沾煙了。
Xiaogao: I learned my lesson, I won't make that mistake again!
小高:我已經吸取教訓,不會再犯相同的錯誤了。
Jingjing: Good! Take care, Xiaogao.
京晶:很好,保重,小高。
Xiaogao: You too, Jingjing!
小高:你也是,京晶。
New words for dialogue:
Thank god!=謝天謝地!
Old habits die hard.=習慣很難改變。
go cold turkey.=立刻完全停止做某事,不借助任何藥物的幫助,也不給自己留時間慢慢來。
withdrawals=副作用,癮。因為沒有獲得足夠自己已經上癮的物質,例如咖啡因、尼古丁、酒精等,而造成的難受的感覺。
headache=頭疼
a new lease of life=新面貌,在經歷一段艱辛后迎來的嶄新生活。
I learned my lesson.=吸取了教訓。指某人犯過一次錯誤后,不會再犯類似的錯誤。