Brianna:Are you still here? I thought you left ages ago.
布蘭娜:你還在這里?我以為你早就離開了。
Viktor:There's no rush. I'm thinking of postponing until tomorrow.
維克多:不用這么倉促。我想推遲到明天。
Brianna:Why?
布蘭娜:為什么?
Viktor:I feel a sense of foreboding.
維克多:我有一種不祥的預感。
I have a sneaking suspicion that things aren't going to go well.
我懷疑事情不會順利。
Brianna:Under the circumstances, I can understand your reluctance, but it's like ripping off a bandage.
布蘭娜:在這種情況下,我能理解你的不情愿,但這要快刀斬亂麻。
It's best done quickly.
越快完成越好。
Viktor:I'm not sure about that.
維克多:我不是很確定。
I have a feeling that things are going to go very, very wrong, and the longer I can put it off the better.
我有一種感覺,事情會越來越錯,而我推遲的時間越長越好。
Brianna:Next week is your girlfriend's birthday.
布蘭娜:下個星期是你女朋友的生日。
You don't want to break up with her on her birthday, do you?
你不想和她在生日上分手,對嗎?
Viktor:No, that would be cruel.
維克多:不,那樣做就太殘忍了。
Maybe I should hold off until after next week.
也許我應該推遲直到下周。
Brianna:You're really dreading breaking up with her, aren't you?
布蘭娜:你真的害怕和她分手,是不是?
Viktor:She's got a temper.
維克多:她脾氣不太好。
When I told her that I couldn't join her on a visit to her parents' house last weekend, she went ballistic, and I have dents in my car door to show for it.
當我告訴她上個周末我不能拜訪她父母后,她開始發飆,而我的車門現在還有凹痕。
I expect this to be much, much worse.
我認為這次會更糟。
Brianna:Ah, I see. I never liked the idea of breaking up with someone remotely, but it might be called for in this case.
布蘭娜:啊,我明白了。我從不喜歡遠程與某人分手的想法,但這種情況下打電話比較好。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載