阿麗莎:嘿,你剛度完假期回來。
Where did you go? New York City? Miami?
你去哪里了?紐約?還是邁阿密?
Ramon:I decided to spend my vacation in Maddieville.
雷蒙:我是在瑪迪威爾(Maddieville)度過我的假期。
Alisha:Where is Maddieville? I've never heard of it.
阿麗莎: 瑪迪威爾在哪?我從來沒有聽說過。
Ramon:It's a small town about a six-hour drive from here.
雷蒙:那是個小鎮,距這里有6個小時的車程。
I read about it being a throwback to the days of small shops and friendly neighbors, with a charming old-fashioned main street.
我了解到這是個很有歷史的小鎮,有很多小商店,鄰居們也很友善,而且有著一條迷人的傳統主要街道。
It was really nice.
真的很好。
Alisha:I'm not sure I'd want to travel back in time.
阿麗莎:我不確定自己是否想要旅行回到過去。
It doesn't sound very exciting.
聽起來不是很好。
Ramon:It wasn't as lively as some places I could have gone, but I enjoyed the quaint shops, the unpretentious people, and the genuine friendliness.
雷蒙:這里不像我去過的一些地方那樣充滿活力,但我喜歡這里古樸典雅的店鋪,樸實無華的人們及真正的友誼。
Alisha:What did you do for an entire week?
阿麗莎:整整一周時間你都做了些什么?
Ramon:I perused the shops, ate at the family-owned restaurants, and learned about the quirky history of the town by shooting the breeze with the old-timers at the local bar.
雷蒙:我逛了商店,在家庭餐廳里享用美食,而且輕松愉快的同當地酒吧的老一輩們聊天了解這座小鎮古怪離奇的歷史。
Alisha:To each his own, but that sounds like dullsville to me.
阿麗莎:可能你覺得非常棒,但對我來說聽起來非常無聊。
Ramon:Then I guess you wouldn't want to go back with me this summer for their wine festival.
雷蒙:那么我猜你不想和我再次回去參加今年夏天那里舉辦的葡萄酒節了。
Alisha:Did you say wine?
阿麗莎:你是說酒嗎?
Maybe I shouldn't dismiss small town charm quite so quickly.
也許我不應該如此迅速就忽視這座小鎮的迷人魅力。
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載