Dylan:Here!
迪倫:給你!
Yvonne:What's this?
尤奈:這是什么?
Dylan:It's information about a job-training program.
迪倫:這是工作培訓計劃的相關信息。
It'll give you the skills you need to get steady work.
這會給你需要的的穩定工作。
Yvonne:I don't need that. I get by with the wages I earn from this job.
尤奈:我不需要那樣的東西。有這份工作的工資我就能勉強度日。
Dylan:You're in a dead-end job straining to make ends meet every month.
迪倫:你所從事的是一份沒有前途的工作,而且緊張得每個月都入不敷出。
Yvonne:I've always landed on my feet.
尤奈:我總是能夠化險為夷呢。
Dylan:But you don't have any job security.
迪倫:但你的工作一點不穩定。
You could be out on your ear any minute.
你可能隨時會被解雇。
Don't you want a better quality of life?
難道你不想要更好的生活質量嗎?
Yvonne:My life is fine the way it is.
尤奈:我的生活是現在就很不錯。
I may not be able to hold on to this job for long, but there will always be other ones.
這份工作我可能無法堅持很長時間,但總會有其它的。
Dylan:I wish I had your optimism.
迪倫:我希望自己要是像你那樣樂觀就好了。
To hear you speak, you'd think you were one of the privileged few.
聽你說,你肯定認為自己是特立獨行的人。
Yvonne:It's all in your outlook on life.
尤奈:這取決于你對人生的看法。
I don't have mortgages to pay, cars to maintain, jets to fuel, and employees to support.
我不用付抵押貸款,維護汽車,加油飛機,支持員工。
Dylan:You're right. You should be counting your blessings!
迪倫:你是對的。你的好運估計快要到頭了!
譯文屬可可原創,僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載