Will you wilt under criticism, or will you follow your convictions?
你們會屈從于批評,還是會堅守信念?
Will you bluff it out when you're wrong, or will you apologize?
你們會掩飾錯誤,還是會坦誠道歉?
Will you guard your heart against rejection, or will you act when you fall in love?
你們會因害怕拒絕而掩飾內心,還是會在面對愛情時勇往直前?
Will you play it safe, or will you be a little bit swashbuckling?
你們想要波瀾不驚,還是想要搏擊風浪?
When it's tough, will you give up, or will you be relentless?
你們會在嚴峻的現實之下選擇放棄,還是會義無反顧地前行?
Will you be a cynic, or will you be a builder?
你們要做憤世嫉俗者,還是踏實的建設者?
Will you be clever at the expense of others, or will you be kind?
你們要不計一切代價地展示聰明,還是選擇善良?
I will hazard a prediction.
我要做一個預測。
When you are 80 years old, and in a quiet moment of reflection narrating for only yourself the most personal version of your life story,
在你們80歲時某個追憶往昔的時刻,只有你一個人靜靜對內心訴說著你的人生故事,
the telling that will be most compact and meaningful will be the series of choices you have made.
其中最為充實、最有意義的那段講述,會被你們作出的一系列決定所填滿。
In the end, we are our choices.
最后,是選擇塑造了我們的人生。
Build yourself a great story.
為你自己塑造一個偉大的人生故事。
Thank you and good luck!
謝謝聆聽,好運!