July 9
7月9日
Read it!
讀讀看!
How many people will ask for Abby's help?
有多少人會請雅碧幫忙?
Alex asked her to call Rob's guests.
亞力克斯請她打電話給羅柏的來賓;
Taylor asked her to pick up lunch.
泰樂請她去拿午餐;
Rob is glad to see her in the Jungle Cafe.
羅柏很高興能夠在叢林咖啡館遇到她,
He needs a favor, too.
他也需要請她幫忙。
Can Abby ask his guests if they have any questions?
雅碧可以幫他問那些來賓有沒有任何問題嗎?
She'll try her best.
她會盡力。
A poor homeless man asks her for something to eat.
一個可憐的流浪漢請她施舍一些食物,
Can she give him a meal, too?
她也能夠給他一份餐點嗎?
Conversation A
會話A
Are you eating lunch here, Abby?
雅碧,妳在這里吃午餐嗎?
No. I'm just picking up lunch for some people in the office.
不是,我只是幫辦公室里的幾個人到這里來拿午餐。
Well, I'm glad to see you. Can you do me a favor?
喔,我真高興能夠遇到妳, 妳可以幫我一個忙嗎?
What's that?
什么忙?
Alex told me that you're helping him call my guests.
亞力克斯跟我說妳會幫他打電話給我的來賓,
Ask if they have any questions.
請妳問他們有沒有任何問題。
OK. I'll do my best.
好,我會盡力。
Thanks. Then let Alex know about them.
謝了,問完再把結果告訴亞力克斯。
Conversation B
會話B
Excuse me, miss.
小姐,不好意思。
I'm sorry, sir. I'm in a big hurry.
抱歉,先生, 我在趕時間。
But I just want a meal. Please help a poor man.
可是我只想吃一頓飯, 請妳幫幫我這個可憐人吧。
But I don't have anything to give you.
可是我沒有東西可以給你呀。
You have two bags of food! Please.
妳有兩大袋的食物!求求妳。
But this is for everyone at my ...
可是這是我同事的…
Here. You can have this.
來吧,這個給你。
Thank you, miss!
小姐,謝謝妳!
Conversation C
會話C
Here's a list of the questions from the guests for you, Alex.
亞力克斯,這是你要的來賓提出的問題清單。
Thanks, Abby!
雅碧,謝了!
And I'll send you a report from Susie soon.
我等一下就會把蘇希的報導寄給你,
I'm helping her out.
我在幫她打字。
Thank you.
謝謝。
Oh. And I helped pick up our lunches for Taylor.
哦,我還幫泰樂拿了我們大家的午餐。
Wow. You've been very helpful today, Abby.
哇,雅碧,妳今天幫了好多忙呢。
Well, I also helped a homeless man.
呃,我還幫了一個流浪漢。
I gave him your lunch. Sorry.
我把你的午餐送給他了,對不起。