Lesson 4 Small Talk
第四課 閑聊
July 8
7月8日
Help!
請幫忙!
Read it!
讀讀看!
Abby can help Alex call Rob's guests.
雅碧可以幫亞力克斯打電話給羅柏的來賓,
She will check that they know the date and time of their interviews.
她會確認他們知道接受訪談的日期與時間。
Abby can also help Taylor.
雅碧也可以幫助泰樂,
She can pick up everyone's lunch.
她可以去幫大家拿午餐,
That's no problem.
沒有問題的,
Now Taylor owes her one.
這下子泰樂欠她一個人情了。
But Susie also asks for some help.
可是蘇希也來找她幫忙。
Does Abby have time to type and email a whole report?
雅碧有時間能夠把一整篇報導打字出來,再用電子郵件傳送出去嗎?
Conversation A
會話A
Abby! Are you busy?
雅碧!妳現在忙嗎?
I have some time. What do you need, Alex?
我現在有點空, 亞力克斯,你需要什么?
I need to call all of these people before 2:00.
我需要在兩點前打電話給這些人,
Can you help me?
妳可以幫我嗎?
Sure! I'm happy to help.
好啊!我很樂意幫你忙。
Oh, good. These people will be guests on Rob's show.
那好, 這些人都會是羅柏節目上的來賓。
Why are we calling them?
我們為什么要打電話給他們?
We want to check that they know the date and time of their interview.
我們要確認他們知道自己受訪的日期和時間。
Conversation B
會話B
Did you get my order for lunch, Taylor?
泰樂,妳幫我訂午餐了嗎?
Yes, I did. Actually, I need to talk to you about that.
我訂了。其實,我需要跟妳談談這件事。
Oh. Is something wrong?
哦,有什么問題嗎?
No. But I need your help.
不是,我只是需要妳幫忙。
I don't have time to pick up everyone's lunch today.
我今天沒有時間去拿大家的午餐。
I'd love to help.
我愿意幫忙。
Thank you so much! I owe you one.
真是謝謝妳!我欠妳一個人情。
It's no problem. I'm happy to help, Taylor!
不用客氣, 泰樂,我很高興能夠幫忙!
Conversation C
會話C
Hi, Abby! Hey, can you help me?
嗨,雅碧!嘿,妳可以幫我嗎?
Well ...
這個嘛…
If you're too busy, that's OK.
妳如果太忙也沒關系。
No, I'll try to help.
不是啦,我會盡力幫忙。
Are you working here today?
妳今天在這里工作嗎?
Yes. I wrote a whole report!
是啊。我寫了一整篇報導!
Can you type it and email it to my news team?
妳可以幫我打字出來,然后用電子郵件寄給我的新聞團隊嗎?
OK. I just need to do some other things first.
好,我只是需要先做一些其他的事情。